Need a warm and comforting soup in a hurry? Then this nutritious Instant Pot Creamy Sweet Potato Soup is all you need. This feel-good soup is made with simple pantry ingredients, and dinner is ready and on the table in less than 30 minutes!
How’s your February going? For us, it has been the snowiest February ever. So far we have experienced – snow days, school cancellations and the ‘Polar Vortex.’ Temperatures have dropped below 0 degrees F for six long days, and it’s bone-chilling.
To beat this winter chill, we have been craving for warm bowls of comfort. Thinking of warm, what could be better than a hearty bowl of soup that is loaded with good stuff? So, here is the perfect recipe that hits the spot – Instant Pot Creamy Sweet Potato And Carrot Soup.
The Instant Pot has been the savior at this time. In between snow cleaning and shoveling, I would dump everything in the pot and come back to a delicious and flavorful soup that required just a gentle blend. That’s it, healthy soup packed with wholesome ingredients is ready to be slurped on. I can seriously eat up the entire pot…it tastes so good!
Ingredients required for Instant Pot Creamy Sweet Potato And Carrot Soup!
Here’s what you’ll need –
- Sweet Potatoes – Sweet potato lends a spectrum of flavor and texture to this soup. It’s the starch in sweet potatoes that helps to create a smooth and velvety consistency in soups. They also have a low glycemic index that means it will keep your belly full and happy for quite a while.
- Carrots – is a rich source of Vitamin A, minerals, and fiber. It aids in digestion and helps to detoxify the body.
- Coconut Milk – adds a luxuriously creamy texture to the soups. For non-vegan version use regular cream.
- Red curry paste – gives a warm, spicy, and flavorful taste.
- Fresh Cilantro – lends an earthy taste that takes the soup to a whole new level.
- Spices – cumin seeds add an earthy, yet smoky flavor and crushed red chili flakes spice up the soup.
From flavor to texture, this soup has it all!
HOW DO YOU MAKE CREAMY SWEET POTATO SOUP?
This soup is made with real food ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry or fridge.
Begin by sauteéing onion, garlic, and ginger. Then add the spices, the sweet potato, and carrots. Pour in the coconut milk, Thai red curry paste, cilantro, and vegetable stock. Seal the Instant Pot and pressure cook for 12 minutes. When the time is done, allow the pressure to dissipate naturally. Open the Instant Pot and use an immersion blender and mix until the soup is smooth and thick.
This soup will thicken up as it cools so adjust the consistency of the soup to your liking. Feel free to add some extra vegetable stock until the consistency you want is achieved. Taste the seasonings and adjust accordingly. This soup gets its creaminess from sweet potato and coconut milk, therefore, no flour or cornstarch is required to thicken the soup.
Can this recipe make a big batch?
Of course! If you need to serve this soup to a large crowd than you can either double or even triple the recipe to feed a large group. You can either make the original recipe in several batches or merely change the serving size below to suit your preferences. The best thing about this Creamy Sweet Potato And Carrot Soup is that it freezes beautifully. So you can make big batches of this soup and freeze in an airtight container. You can never go wrong with this delicious bowl of soup.
Watch the Video of Instant Pot Creamy Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup Below!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. Got questions related to the recipe, send me an email and I would be happy to answer them. 🙂
Craving for more, try these other options!
- Instant Pot Roasted Red Bell Pepper and Lentil Soup
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash and Quinoa Stew
- Instant Pot Broccoli Lentil Soup
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
Thanks for reading.💕
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Instant Pot Creamy Sweet Potato And Carrot Soup
- 1.5 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic (crushed)
- 1.5 teaspoon Ginger (crushed)
- 3 cups Sweet Potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1.5 cup Carrots (diced)
- 2 tablespoons Red Curry Paste - Vegan
- 1/4 cup Cilantro Leaves (chopped)
- - - Salt to Taste
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Crushed red chili flakes
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock
- - - Coconut Cream
- - - Basil Leaves
- - - Lime Wedges
- - - Coarsely Crushed Black Pepper
- Put Instant Pot onto Saute mode. Add olive oil, onions, garlic, and ginger to the bowl. TIP - Fresh garlic works the best but feel free to use garlic powder instead.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the spices - cumin powder, red chili flakes, and salt.
- Add sweet potatoes and carrots.
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Add Red curry paste.
- Chopped cilantro leaves.
- Stir everything together then pour in the vegetable broth.
- Close the lid and seal the Instant Pot. Turn 'OFF' the saute mode and pressure cook the soup on 'Manual/pressure cook mode' for 12 minutes. When the time is done, Instant Pot will beep. Allow the pressure to dissipate naturally on its own (NPR).
- When the pin drops, carefully open the Instant Pot and blend the cooked soup with an immersion blender. Taste for seasonings and adjust according to taste.
- Serve hot topped with coconut cream, finely chopped sundried tomatoes, and fresh basil leaves.
- Like the soup spicy, then add a teaspoon of sriracha to the simmering soup.
- Feel free to add extra spices like cinnamon or rosemary to the soup.
- Veggies like zucchini or bell peppers will add extra nutrition.
- Cilantro leaves can be interchanged with fresh basil leaves.
- Sweet potatoes can be swapped with regular potatoes, butternut squash or any winter squash or even pumpkin.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion, garlic, and ginger to it. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spices, sweet potatoes, carrots, cilantro, red curry paste, coconut milk, and stock to the pan.
- Cover the pan and lower the heat to the medium setting. Allow it to simmer for 30 -35 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft and tender.
- Blend the smooth with an immersion blender until smooth.