Saturday and summertime what a great combination for a picnic or short trips. Plan to go on a trip and the first thing that comes to our mind is PICNIC FOOD that is quick and easy to prepare. What could be better than Tomato cucumber Veggie Sandwich – very filling tasty, healthy and full of flavor. A great summertime delicious sandwich! One of my family favorites.
I like to prepare the sandwiches right on the spot and for that I transfer the cut veggies in a separate container, butter in another and this way they taste crunchy, fresh and satisfying. Combination of cucumber and tomatoes complement each other perfectly.
FEW VARIATIONS – Very versatile sandwich; add or subtract ingredients according to your taste.
- I have used a mix of wheat and white bread but whole grain bread can also be used.
- Use flavored cream cheese instead of butter for more flavor.
- Add more raw veggies and make it a hearty veggie sandwich.
- Add sprouts to bring the perfect crunch and texture! …yummm.
- Like it toasted then toast the sandwiches.
- Onions, green chutneys, lettuce can also be added for extra crunch.
A quick and easy sandwich that totally fits the bill when it comes to eating healthy and that too vegan!! Most of the time my go-to lunchtime sandwich.
Tomato cucumber Veggie Sandwich
- 6-8 pieces of Brown or white bread
- 1 medium Tomato
- 1 small Cucumber
- 3 tablespoons Low fat butter or Margarine
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Assemble all the ingredients. Slice tomato and cucumber.
- If you prefer to keep the sides do so, or else remove the sides of the bread slices...
- Generously apply some butter.
- On both the sides.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper...
- Arrange cucumber slices...
- Press the other piece over the veggies and cut them diagonally and serve.
- If taking for a picnic or a trip take them as is wrapped in a brown bag or if you like it grilled then toast them to perfection and Enjoy!!
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.