It’s cold and raining here and everyone is in a mood to enjoy something quick and easy.Had a bunch of fresh spinach in my refrigerator and thought of making Spinach leaf pakodas. These pakodas are unbelievably easy to make – 6 ingredient appetizer that can be enjoyed at any event. What could be the best time to enjoy these fritters than today :).
Spinach leaf Pakoda a crispy and delicious fritters that are made out of fresh spinach leaves and gram flour batter. They are so crunchy that every bite you take in you will feel the crunch. Whole spinach leaves with trimmed off stems are cleaned and washed thoroughly under cold water. Later they are dipped in gram flour batter and deep fried until crisp and brown. Batter of these pakodas is of a dropping consistency neither thick nor thin and that is what yields crispy and crunchy pakodas.
Dig in and enjoy these crispy and delicious Spinach leaf pakodas… Feel the crunch in every bite!!
Palak leaf Pakoda Recipe
- Clean, wash and trim spinach leaves from its stem.
- Assemble all the ingredents for batter. In a large bowl add besan and....
- Prepare besan batter by combining all the dry ingredients.
- Add soda water and mix it well. Make sure there are no lumps in the batter. Batter should be of a dropping consistency - not to thick and not too thin.
- Heat oil in a kadhai. To check if the oil is hot enough to fry the pakodas - drop a pea size batter in the oil and if it rises to the surface right away means oil is ready for frying. Take a spinach leaf, dip it in batter and carefully drop it in hot oil.
- Repeat it with other spinach leaves and fry them in hot oil until light brown. Place them on a paper towel to drain off the excess oil.
- Sprinkle them with chaat masala and serve them hot with chutney of your choice.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.