Homemade gluten-free and vegan hummus recipe that will surely be a hit at your next gathering! Easy to assemble and packed with flavor! Spicy Chickpea Hummus Recipe
Are you looking for a flavorful and healthy hummus recipe for your next party than this Spicy Chickpea Hummus Recipe is the one for you! A perfect party appetizer that comes together in just 10 minutes. For my upcoming get-together I was looking for a quick n easy starter recipe and spicy chickpea hummus recipe fits the bill. And when I say spicy, I mean it – it’s really hot!
I love the simplicity of this dish – no fancy ingredients and no techniques involved. Just toss all of the ingredients together in a blender and blend until you get a smooth and creamy hummus.
Classic hummus is prepared with 5 basic ingredients – chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, tahini and salt. But feel free to play around with all kind of veggies and sprouts to make it more flavorful and nutritious – the possibilities are endless.
Once hummus is ready, refrigerate it for an hour. It tastes delicious when cold.
Enjoy homemade spicy chickpea hummus recipe with fresh veggies, toasted breads, chips and crackers. A great spread for sandwiches and toast too! I invite all hummus lovers to give this recipe a try and I am sure you are going to ♥ ♥ it.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Spicy Chickpea Hummus Recipe
- 1.5 cups Boiled chickpeas ( 300 grams)
- 3 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 halved Red or orange capsicum
- 3/4 teaspoon Paprika or Red chili powder
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 2 tablespoon Red chili sauce
- 1.5 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Tahini sauce or sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Roasted cumin seeds (crushed)
- 1.5 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil to drizzle on top
- 1 teaspoon Chopped cilantro leaves - to sprinkle on top
- Boiled and cooked chickpeas.
- Assemble rest of the ingredients.
- Transfer everything to a blender/food processor. Pulse on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Add couple of teaspoon of water (chickpea water) if needed. Scrap down the sides of food processor with spatula and continue processing until smooth and creamy consistency is attained. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Transfer hummus to a small serving dish and drizzle some olive oil on top.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro leaves and crushed roasted cumin seeds and store it in refrigerator to chill. Serve with veggies and chips of your choice and enjoy!