Amazingly simple n delicious recipe of Paneer tikka without oven. Cubed cottage cheese and veggies are marinated in yogurt based sauce and seasoned with aromatic spices. A Quick and easy Indian appetizer. Traditionally paneer tikka is prepared in hot tandoors but I have modified the recipe and prepared it over cook top/stove version and this is delicious!! It’s the kind of paneer recipe that’s so tasty it’s hard to stop eating 😉 at least for me. Make this recipe in advance and just before your guest/family is ready for dinner warm it up either in a microwave or in a pan covered with lid.
For this recipe I have used store bought fresh paneer and that gave me perfect cubed pieces. Regarding spices – Feel free to make any substitutions based on what you have on hand. Doing so may change the flavor slightly, but still give excellent results.
Veggies were not marinated along with paneer rather they were pan tossed in reduced marinade mixture.Usually the leftover marinade is thrown away but I have used this marinade to coat my veggies. Marinade mixture was pan boiled and reduced to 1/4 its quantity and this curdled lumps of curd gave great flavor to my veggies! I had to add a little salt and garam masala towards the end to bump up the heat a bit and that balanced everything in the recipe. After this little adjustments; flavoring was spot-on.
Paneer can easily be substituted with tofu and spices can be adjusted up or down, according to your preferences. Overall a good and recipe that’s easily adaptable to whatever veggies you happen to have on hand. Today when my little munchkin entered house after school, he squeaked with excitement, “Paneer tikka, my favorite!” and before I knew few of the pieces were already gone 🙂 A total kid’s friendly recipe and every kid loves paneer – so do try this out for your family and watch them lick their plates clean; asking for more.
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below 👇
Paneer tikka without oven
- 500 grams Paneer or 1 LB Paneer
- 1 small Cubed Onions
- 1 medium Cubed Green Capsicum/Bell Peppers
- 1 medium Cubed Red Capsicum/Bell Peppers
- 2 cups Hung Curd (thick Market curd/yogurt)
- 2 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 2 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder (sukha dhaniya)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Chaat Masala - to sprinkle on top (to sprinkle on top)
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- Chop paneer into bite size cubes.
- In a large bowl prepare the marinade by adding all the ingredients one by one. Mix till its well blended.
- Add paneer to this marinade and mix till each piece is fully coated. Cover the bowl and marinade for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- Heat a skillet, apply oil and using a toothpick place paneer cubes on this hot skillet.
- Evenly brown all the side by turning them occasionally. Once evenly browned take it off the griddle and sprinkle chaat masala.
- Paneer tikka cubes perfectly grilled.
- Keep your vegetables ready - all cubed.
- In a pan heat oil and add all the leftover marinade to this pan. Keep sauteing till all the liquid has evaporated and the mixture is all crumbly and dried up.
- Add veggies to it, coat them in this mixture, cover and cook for 1-2 minutes on a low flame till they are barely tender but still crisp. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Nicely coated veggies. You can enjoy them as is or just spread it out on a plate, keep paneer tikka in the center and serve OR
- Take a toothpick..
- Pick up some veggie pieces...
- Closer look..
- Finally poke a hole in paneer and attach it at the last.
- Paneer tikka is ready to be served.
- Enjoy this delicious appetizer with the chutney of your choice.