Have some leftover paneer cubes in your refrigerator or some leftover takeout paneer tikka then try out today’s recipe – Paneer tikka pulao – YUMMY and FRAGRANT !! Inspired from my previous post Paneer tikka recipe, I thought of trying this fusion and turned out to be very aromatic and flavorful dish.This one pot meal is a delicious combination of starch free rice tossed with grilled Paneer cubes and flavored with aromatic spices. I prepared this pulao in a slightly different way; instead of going the traditional way of boiling everything along with the rice I took the liberty of sauteing my veggies separately and later tossing them with cooked rice.
BREAKDOWN OF THE TOTAL TIME – 4 hours
Marinade Paneer – 3-4 hours or Overnight
Cooking rice – 20 minutes
Preparing Paneer tikka – 20 minutes
Assembling Pulao- 15 minutes
In the recipe below leftover marinade is used up to cook onions and capsicum but again that’s optional and can be skipped. Instead you can saute onions and capsicum in oil, cover and cook for 2 minutes, stir in spices and toss with cooked rice. This grainy curd which curdles from the leftover marinade gives an extra flavor to this dish. It’s aroma itself is so strong and fragrant that it will keep everyone at home guessing what’s for dinner?
Adding garam masala powder and red chili flakes at the end is again optional. It all depends on how spicy you want your pulao to be. Maintain your sodium level in this dish because salt is added at every step in this recipe – paneer tikka has salt and its marinate too has salt. When boiling your rice avoid adding salt to it and this way you can stay in control of the total salt that goes in this dish. The overall spice combination creates a wonderful aroma while cooking and the grainy curd adds an interesting mild and subtle flavor without overpowering the whole dish.
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Paneer Tikka Pulao
- 1 cup Starch free rice
- 8-9 pieces of Paneer tikka
- 1 medium Onion, cubed
- 1 medium Capsicum, cubed
- 3-4 pieces of Green Cardamom
- 2-3 pieces of Whole Black Cardamom
- 1/8 -1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2-3 pieces of Bay leaves
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon Crushed red chili flakes (optional)
- 2 pieces of Whole red Chilies
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 -1 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves
- For this recipe marinate paneer cubes for 3-4 hours.
- Grill paneer cubes either in a pan or in the oven. Follow step by step directions in our paneer tikka recipe.
- Once toasted from all the sides, set them aside.
- Assemble all the ingredients required for pulao.
- Have your starch free rice ready. Follow the above link to a step by step recipe of making starch free rice.
- Peel onion and deseed a capsicum. Cut them in cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan, add bay leaves, whole red chilies, cumin seeds and black and green cardamon. Pour the left over batter of paneer tikka masala and cook. Add cinnamon powder and mix. Soon you will see curd becoming all watery and grains of curd are separated. Keep stirring.
- Stir in garam masala, salt and keep sauteing till liquid is reduced to 1/4 its quantity.
- Add cubed onions and capsicum and mix.
- Cover the pan and allow it to cook for 1 minutes. Don't cook for a longer time or else they will become soggy.
- At this point the veggies will be tender and still have a lot of crunchiness left.
- To this pan add boiled rice..
- If you prefer your pulao to be spicy add red chili flakes or you may skip this part.
- Mix and gently toss the rice with vegetables and spices.
- Mix in paneer tikka cubes and gently toss to combine.
- Adjust your seasonings. This grainy curd which curdles from the leftover marinade gives an extra flavor to this dish.
- Serve hot with pickle or green chutney.