Pan cooked Eggplant Parmesan Stacks topped with a homemade marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella, and fresh herbs.Truly one of the amazingly delicious dinner recipe!!
If you like eggplants then you will love this dish!! One of my favorite Italian restaurants serve the best eggplant parmesan I’ve ever eaten. Their crispy eggplant stack is layered with homemade marinara and just enough cheese to satisfy your taste buds. Pan cooked eggplant parmesan stacks are a real meal, full of flavor, hearty and healthy. Oh and did I forget to mention, it’s ah-mazingly delicious!!
I enjoy eating anything that is cooked with eggplants whether be baingan kachri (eggplant rings), baingan bharta (eggplant mash), baghare baingan or tawa sabzi. And today’s recipe is a skinnier and healthier version of eggplant parmesan as the eggplant is pan -cooked and not fried. Above all it’s
Fairly simple to cook
Bursting with flavors
Crispy yet tender
Saucy and delicious
And a filing hearty meal! Someone once told me that the secret to a real Italian meal is – Keep it simple!!
RECIPE DETAIL – Use medium eggplant for this recipe, cut them in circles. I have dipped my eggplants in aquafaba instead of eggs. Read all about how to make homemade aquafaba. The trick is to dip and soak the eggplant in aquafaba before coating it with bread and cheese mixture.
Coat each slice of eggplant in breadcrumb mixture and shake off the excess. I have used homemade breadcrumbs for this recipe but feel free to use store bought Panko breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a pan and cook until eggplants are crispy and brown from both sides. Other option would be to deep fry these eggplant rounds, or bake them in an oven @350 degree F for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally.
Assembling is super fun. Stack each eggplant slice with layers of homemade marinara sauce and just enough cheese to suit your taste buds. Finish off with freshly chopped herbs and enjoy!! If you happen to make this recipe, do leave a comment, and don’t forget to take a picture and send it to me on Facebook. I would love to see your yum creation!
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
How to make Eggplant Parmesan
- 2 medium size Eggplants
- 1/2 cup Aquafaba
- 3 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Garlic (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika or Red chili powder
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 cups Homemade Marinara sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped cilantro leaves or basil
COOK AND COAT EGGPLANT
- Clean and wash eggplant.
- Cut in circles.
- Assemble rest of the ingredients.
- Whisk aquafaba until frothy.
- In a bowl combine crushed garlic, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, salt, Italian herb seasoning, red chili and breadcrumbs. Mix it well.
- Dip eggplant in aquafaba..
- Coat in breadcrumb mix and..
- Shake off the access. Repeat with rest of the eggplant circles.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and cook eggplant rounds until crispy and brown.
- All cooked eggplant rounds. Feel free to deep fry these eggplant rounds, or you can choose to bake them in an oven @350 degree F for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Follow the link above to prepare homemade marinara sauce. To make stacks, spread marinara sauce at the base of a plate, place an eggplant on top...
- Spread some more sauce on top...
- Add another eggplant..
- Top it with cheese and
- Bake until cheese is all melted and bubbly.
- Or arrange in stacks in a baking dish, pour sauce on top and sprinkle cheese. Bake at 350 degree F until cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle chopped herbs and enjoy!!