Melt-in-your-mouth delicious Heart Shaped Cake Lollies are a perfect classroom valentine treats – fun and irresistibly yum!! Kid’s favorite treats.
For my kids Valentine classroom party, this year I plan to make Heart Shaped Cake Lollies. Cake pops are undoubtedly the most favorite and loved kids sweet. They are super easy to make and so much fun and tastes wonderful!
All year round, our little munchkins study hard and all this hard work surely calls for some celebration. And when it comes to kids sweet treats, the first thing that comes to my mind is – cake pops or lollies.
Since the theme was Valentine, I used a cookie cutter to cut the cake in heart shape. Allowed it to cool and later dipped in melted chocolate. The other way would be to crumble the cake of your choice, add a frosting, mix and shape them like balls. Later dip them in white or dark chocolate, cover with sprinkles and freeze.
RECIPE DETAIL – To match the red theme, I made a red velvet eggless sheet cake. This recipe bakes two cake sheets. Once the cake is baked, remove from oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Carefully flip it over and while it is still hot, remove the cake liner. Get your cutter and let the magic begin.
FEW TIPS FOR A PERFECT HEART SHAPED CAKE LOLLIES OR CAKE POPS –
- Make sure the cake pops are cold before you start dipping in hot chocolate.
- If using a stick to hold the pops, dip the tip of the stick in melted chocolate and then insert it half way into the cake pops. Put it in the refrigerator to set.
- Do not shape the cake pops or lollies too big or else they may fall off the stick.
- Dip each heart shaped cake in chocolate. Hold the cake pops over the bowl for few seconds and let the excess fall off in the bowl. Do not shake or tap the pops – it will fall in the bowl.
- If you have a Styrofoam sheet (thermocol ) at home then make the dipped cake pops stand on them.
- Generously add your favorite sprinkles and allow the chocolate covered hearts to set for an hour in the refrigerator.
This valentine, share this special treat with your little sweet hearts and surprise them. Can’t wait to see the surprise look on their faces! If you happen to make these, do share a yum picture or leave a comment below. Would love to hear from you. 🙂
Happy Valentine day to all 💕 Have fun and enjoy!!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER .
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Heart Shaped Cake Lollies
- 2.5 cups All purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 3 teaspoon Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon Red food coloring or Beetroot color
- 2/3 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1.5 cup Milk/ buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1.5 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup Water
FOR CHOCOLATE COVERING
- 1.5 cup Semi- sweetened Chocolate chips
- 2-3 teaspoon Sprinkles
- Assemble all the dry ingredients.
- Measure sugar and butter/oil.
- Vanilla essence..
- Milk should also be at room temperature.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together.
- Set it aside.
- Preheat oven @ 350 degree F. In a bowl cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla essence and food color.
- Keep mixing. Add dry ingredients spoon by spoon alternating in between with milk and water. Meaning - add a spoon of dry ingredient + a spoon of milk + a spoon of water. Repeat the process till you finish all the ingredients.
- Grease a baking tray and spread a parchment/wax paper over it.
- Spread the cake mixture evenly on the tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Once done,remove from oven and allow it to cool for couple of minutes. Carefully flip it over and...
- While it is still warm carefully remove the liner.
- Take a heart shape cutter and start cutting the cake.
- Heart shaped cakes are ready. Place them in the fridge for 30-40 minutes.
- Melt chocolate on HIGH in microwave for a minute.
- Mix and repeat until its soft and liquidy.
- If using a stick to hold the pops, dip the tip of the stick in melted chocolate and then insert it half way into the cake pops. Put it in the refrigerator to set. Once set dip the hearts in chocolate. Dip each heart shaped cake in chocolate. Hold the cake pops over the bowl for few seconds and let the excess fall off in the bowl. Do not shake or tap the pops – it will fall in the bowl.
- Set in on the parchment paper. If you have a Styrofoam sheet (thermocol ) at home then make the dipped cake pops stand on them. Add some sprinkles and refrigerate for an hour.
- Heart shape cake pops are ready.
- Dig in and take a bite.
- Perfect homemade kids classroom treats.