It is called a “pound cake” because the original cake recipes used one pound of everything – eggs, butter, flour, sugar and the end result was a sinfully yummy pound cake. Well this recipe, eggless Vanilla pound cake has all the different proportions but is still super moist and a delicious cake!!
When baking a pound cake the first thing that comes to our mind is EGGS because its the key ingredient for a pound cake. Eggs not only adds structure and flavor to a cake but are used for binding, leaving and thickening our cakes. So what can replace this magic ingredients – tofu, curd and milk. Yes, you heard me right – the combo of these three creates such a fluffy and moist cake that you will hardly miss eggs in this cake.
Tofu, a soybean product, acts as a thickening agent, yogurt makes the cake rich and moist and milk balances the density of the cake and adds flavor.
RECIPE DETAIL – This recipe is pretty straightforward – sift, mix the ingredients, bake and enjoy!! Sift dry ingredients first. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl mix tofu and yogurt until thick and creamy. You can choose to puree tofu in a blender and later combine it with beaten curd. Add dry ingredients, mix it well and bake @ 350 degree F for 30-40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Instead of icing or frosting my cake, I like to dust my cake with powdered sugar once it has cooled down. Enjoy a perfect tea time cake!!
Recipe adapted from here. Also try other eggless cakes – Eggless Butterscotch cupcakes, Eggless 7 minute chocolate microwavable cake , Eggless Red Velvet cupcakes, Eggless Box mix cake, Eggless Pineapple pastry , Eggless Cake recipe, Eggless Vanilla cupcakes, Eggless crumble cookie cake.
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below 👇
Eggless Vanilla Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup Soften Unsalted Butter/oil
- 1.5 cup Superfine Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Silken Tofu
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- Tofu and thick curd.
- Soften butter
- Cream butter and sugar until it's light and fluffy.
- Blend tofu and curd separately in a bowl.
- Meanwhile sift dry ingredients together.
- Set them aside.
- To the cream and butter mixture add vanilla essence.. Preheat oven @350 degree F.
- Add milk, tofu and yogurt mixture.
- Now combine the dry ingredients and ..
- Blend well.
- Scrape the walls and mix the batter.
- Grease a baking pan.
- Pour cake batter into the prepared cake pan, tap it on the counter couple of times to release all the trapped air.
- Bake for 30- 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from oven and allow it to cook completely.
- After about 15-20 minutes, remove cake from the pan..
- Dust it with powdered sugar and..
- Enjoy a bite!!
- A perfect tea- time soft and fluffy eggless pound cake recipe!!