Let’s cook up some mock eggs tonight. Today’s recipe is Eggless Egg Curry – A vegetarian delight; can also be referred to as Aloo ke ande 🙂 .Follow the step by step recipe below to prepare mock eggs. These were a hit tonight, even for the pickiest eater in my house loved it. Pretty easy to cook and a delicious recipe.
The possibilities are endless with this recipe and it can be easily customized into no onion no garlic recipe. Instead of onion and garlic substitute it with boiled lauki paste and follow the recipe to the T and you will have a delicious NO ONION NO GARLIC EGGLESS EGG CURRY.
For this recipe baby potatoes are used and are boiled to a point were they are half cooked. Keep an eye on these potatoes if they cooked beyond their mentioned time then it will be difficult to shape them. Once they are half cooked slice them into half and allow them to cool down completely before scooping them out. Scoop out the top part of the potatoes and stuff it with crumbled paneer and scooped potato bites.
Tailor this recipe according to your liking – If you prefer a little liquid-y gravy add more water but remember gravy for this recipe is usually pretty thick and dense – this way vegan eggs will be fully coated in the gravy. Once added to the gravy just coat them with a spoon, DO NOT MIX THEM as they will break apart. Absolutely delicious recipe and if making it for a dinner party – prepare vegan eggs ahead of time, cover and toss them in hot gravy just before you are ready to serve. Pairs up perfectly with hot white rice.
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below.
Eggless Egg Curry - A vegetarian delight
- 2 tablespoon Onion paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Curd (thick Market curd/yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon Tomato puree
- 1/2 tablespoon Cashew Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Degi Mirch
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder (sukha dhaniya)
- 1.5 teaspoon Kastoori methi/ dried fenugreek leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Oil
EGGLESS EGG PREPARATION
- 5-6 pieces of Baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoon Grated Paneer
- Salt to taste
PREPARING VEGAN EGGS
- Wash and peel potatoes.
- Wash them again.
- In a pan fill water, add salt and potatoes.
- Bring it to a boil. Boil it for 12-15 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick and when it pierce through the potato easily..
- Take them out and transfer them onto a clean plate.
- Cut them in half and allow them to cool down completely.
- Using a small spoon, scoop out the center.
- Just like an egg make a small depression on the top of the boiled potato.
- All done - potato halves.
- In a small bowl add crumble paneer and scooped out potato bites. Mash them and add salt. If you like them to be yellow in color add a pinch of haldi.
- Hold the potato..
- And tightly pack the mixture inside the hole. Clean out the extra mixture and there we have our mock egg ready.
- Time to prepare the masala. Assemble all the ingredients.
- In a kadhai heat oil add cumin seeds and when they start to sputter add in ginger-garlic paste and saute.
- Add in onion paste and saute for 2 minutes on a medium flame. Mix in tomato puree, cashew paste and curd.
- Mix and saute for 2-3 minutes. Stir in all the spices and mix well. Saute till masala is reduced to 1/4 its quantity.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of water and bring it to a boil. This will make a thick gravy but if you prefer a liquid-y gravy add water accordingly.
- Bring it to a boil and adjust your seasonings.
- Mix in Kastoori methi and mix.
- Give it a final boil and take it off the flame.
- Add in mock eggs one by one, cover and let it sit in gravy. Gently coat them with gravy.
- Perfectly coated eggless egg curry is ready.
- Serve hot with warm rotis or rice.