A beautifully moist Cranberry Almond Pound Cake that is bursting with delicious cranberries and almond flavor throughout. Easy to make and a total crowd pleaser recipe!
Out of all four seasons, fall is one of my favorite seasons. It’s the beautiful time of the year when every foliage and trees are supernaturally red or orange thus creating a perfect backdrop of nature’s myriad colors.
The dropping temperatures and the smell of crisp air makes you realize that the festive season is around the corner and it’s time to celebrate! And here is a perfect Cranberry Almond Pound Cake recipe, just in time to celebrate the holidays.
Long time back at a friend’s place on Thanksgiving, I had tasted this cake and I fell in love it. The flavor was amazing and the combo of almonds -cranberries complement each other so beautifully. Every bite I took was bursting with the crunch of almonds and fresh cranberries and since then I wanted to bake this cake.
RECIPE DETAILS – I love everything about this recipe. It’s –
- Fairly simple
- And requires no fancy ingredients.
- Feel free to customize this recipe to your liking – substitute cranberries with other berries and almonds with nuts of your choice.
The secret ingredient to this delicious and moist cake is Cornstarch/cornflour. Please do not omit it from the recipe. Other option would be to use cake flour as a substitute.
Simply replace 1.5 cup of all purpose flour with 1.5 cups of cake flour.
Combine all the ingredients (except cranberries and almonds) and flavor with almond extract. Almond extract adds a nutty flavor to the cake so please don’t substitute it.
Just before baking, dust cranberries with dry flour and gently fold the berries into the batter. Cranberries are very light, so be very gentle while folding or else it may bleed into the batter.
Final step would be to add more cranberries on top and sprinkle almonds all over the surface. Almonds adds a delightful layer of crunch to this cake, so add generously. Bake as directed.Brilliant red color of the berries and the crunch of almonds is what makes it a stunning cake! This cake tastes great right out of the oven. Serve with your favorite ice cream and enjoy!!
Cranberry Almond Pound Cake a deliciously light and yummy cake for special occasions. This festive season, do give it a try and share your yummy creations with me on Facebook or drop me a note below.
Cranberry Almond Pound Cake
- 3/4 cup Soften Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoon superfine Sugar
- 3 medium Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 cup Fresh Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Sliced almonds
- Assemble dry ingredients. Preheat oven at 350 degree F.
- Wet ingredients.
- Almond extract adds a nutty flavor to the cake so please don't substitute it.
- Sugar and butter
- And toppings - cranberries and almonds.
- Save 1 tablespoon flour on the side. Will be used later to dust cranberries. In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients one by one.
- If any lumps are left behind, rub them using a spatula.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Creaming incorporates air into this mixture.
- Add eggs one by one. Beat until well mixed.
- Pour in milk and almond extract. Add dry ingredients and beat until well blended.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Dust cranberries in 1 tablespoon flour that we had saved earlier in the recipe.
- Gently fold them into the batter.
- Pour batter in a greased pan. Top with some more chopped cranberries.
- Generously add sliced almonds on top to cover the surface.
- Bake for 40- 45 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer it to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- This cake tastes great right out of the oven.
- Serve with your favorite ice cream and enjoy!!
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.