This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CampbellsShortcutMeals #CollectiveBias
Saucy chicken and black beans stuffed in crispy taco shells make for a simple yet flavorful weeknight dinner. Easy to make and comes together in less than 30 minutes – Back to school dinners sorted from Walmart!!
One of the hardest things about dinner time is to create meals the whole family loves. Everyone has their preferences and matching to their needs could be challenging and hectic.
Luckily, there is one meal that everyone in my family enjoys the most – Chicken and Bean Tacos. Crispy taco shells filled with yummy chicken and bean filling. This combo (chicken and beans) is so yum and delicious that it will leave everyone craving for more.
My family just loved it. Even the picky eaters of the house devoured these tacos without a fuss and left the table feeling satisfied and happy. 🙂
- A quick and easy meal
- Requires minimal cooking
- Comes together in less than 30 minutes
- Tastes so fresh and crispy
- Satisfying and filling
To sum everything up – it’s the simplicity, which makes these tacos a great dinnertime success. Fill up the crispy shells with meat or veggies, generously load it up with healthy toppings and enjoy!
Wondering what a Taco is?
Tacos are one of the oldest Mexican dish which is made of corn and wheat tortillas (flat bread). Tacos come in different shapes and sizes. The one that I have used in my recipe are the corn tacos – one with the hard shell.
Now onto the recipe! They are already shaped like a U and can be served with a variety of fillings like minced/shredded chicken, beans, veggies and fish. These stuffed tacos taste delicious when they are topped with a load of garnishes like salsa, shredded lettuce, sour cream and onions.
Now on to the recipe!
For this recipe, I have used Swanson® Premium Chicken and Pace® to create a simple meal.
Why Swanson® Premium Chicken? Because they are already cooked, low on fat and ready to use for quick and everyday meals. Simply drain and wash the chicken. Shred into pieces and pour in the homemade enchilada sauce. Chicken is ready for filling.
Secondly, canned black beans are topped with Pace®. Pace® is made with handpicked vegetables and has a genuine southwest flavor that adds a kick to these tacos.
Finish these tacos with your favorite toppings and you are all set. To make it complete, pair your tacos with V8 +Energy® drink. It has just 50 Calories and 1 combined serving of veggies and fruits. Now that’s a yumilicious meal!These tacos are a great make-ahead dish. Prep all the ingredients like combining chicken with sauce, beans with spices and toppings in advance. When ready to serve, assemble everything in taco shells, top with cheese and bake. Love to see the whole family share everything on the table.
Somehow, I love my tacos as they are without sour cream and guacamole. But feel free to experiment and top these tacos with all the yummy toppings you like.
If you are headed out to your local Walmart, do check out these products. You will find Swanson® Premium Chicken in the canned goods aisle, Pace® in the Mexican food section, and V8 +Energy® drink you will find in the juice aisle.
Do give these yummy tacos a try. If you happen to try this recipe, I would love to know how you created a yummy meal using Swanson® Premium Chicken and Pace®. Share your views with me in the comment box below. Thanks!
Looking for more yummy meal inspiration, follow here.
Are we friend's yet? Let's connect on -
Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Chicken and Bean Tacos
- 6 Taco Shells
- 1 can of Swanson® Premium Chicken (drained and washed)
- 1 can of Black Beans (drained and washed)
- 1/4 cup Pace®
- 3/4 cup Homemade enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon Taco seasonings
- 1 cup Low fat Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Lettuce
- 3/4 cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Chopped Green Onions
- The key ingredients - Pace® salsa and Swanson® Premium Chicken.
- Preheat oven at 400 degree F. Assemble rest of the ingredients.
- Combine black beans and taco seasoning in a bowl.
- Add salsa.
- Mix it well. Taste and add salt accordingly. Set it aside.
- Drain, wash and transfer chicken to a bowl.
- With a fork shred the chicken.
- Pour in enchilada sauce.
- Mix until combined.
- Arrange taco shells in a oven safe glass bowl.
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoon of chicken mix into the tacos.
- Layer it with black bean mix.
- Generously top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven. Generously top with shredded lettuce.
- Chopped tomatoes.
- And some more cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- For extra flavor top with sour cream, some chopped chilies and more salsa.
- Call in your friends and enjoy!!