Today we bring you a basic Bundt cake recipe. Why is it called Bundt cake – because of the pan which is shaped like a ring. Otherwise nothing fancy just a simple and incredible pound cake recipe that gets an extra boost of flavor from milk and sugar glaze.
Prepared with basic ingredients from the pantry and refrigerator. My little one hates egg and cannot stand its smell so to mask the flavor of egg in this recipe I have added 2 teaspoon Orange juice. But again it’s optional – skipping it entirely will not harm the recipe. Overall a yummy, flavorful and lovely textured cake.
To glaze or not to glaze is entirely up to you. This cake itself is so moist and fluffy that it can be enjoyed as is. Below I have demonstrated two ways to glaze. For cake 1 – glaze was cooled in the refrigerator before applying it to the cake. That’s why it was thick and dense. In cake 2 – glaze was drizzled right away and because of that my glaze was very runny, it pooled around the edges and ran down the sides of the cake making it look like an overflowing volcano. Both flavors (cake and glaze) complement each other wonderfully without overpowering.
Bundt cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 2 tablespoon Chocolate syrup or cocoa powder
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon Milk
- Assemble: all the ingredients. Preheat oven at 350 degree F.
- Eggs, milk and butter should be at room temperature.
- For dry ingredients - Sift together all purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
- For Wet ingredients - beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla essence and butter together.
- Egg and sugar are beaten until the mixture is pale yellow, and frothy.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to this bowl and keep beating till everything is smooth and creamy.
- This is how the cake batter looks - all creamy and frothy.
- Grease the cake pan in which you would like your cake to bake. Pour the batter and place the pan in the preheated oven.
- Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes.
- Perfectly baked cake. Allow it to cool down completely.
- Once cooled, run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen up the cake and turn the pan upside down on a wire rack.
- Allow the inner part to cool down. Enjoy them as is. If you want to prepare a glaze for your cake then follow the recipe below.
- Assemble: ingredients to prepare a basic glaze for our baked cakes. Combine all the ingredients and beat until creamy. EXPERIMENT 1- Place glaze in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before drizzling it over the cakes. Just make sure, the longer the glaze sits in the fridge the thicker it gets.
- Let's begin- Transfer cake onto a clean plate.
- Start pouring the glaze on the cake.
- Keep turning the plate and keep drizzling. Let this cake get fully drenched in this glaze.
- Just like a volcano the glaze will run down its side making it a pretty site.
- Cake is all ready to enjoy!!
- EXPERIMENT 2- In this one the glaze was used right away. Fill a cake bag and fit it with a dripping nozzle.
- See how thin and runny the glaze is.
- Hold it at 45 degree angle and just play around with it..
- This glaze is thin but it soaks in pretty well.
- Save yourself a piece and indulge!!