Enjoy a quick and easy Blueberry Mug Cake that comes together in minutes and is bursting with fresh blueberry flavor. Oh, so delicious, moist and super yummy!
My recent trip to the grocery store yielded two big boxes of fresh and juicy blueberries. Was brainstorming for a perfect way to use them and this is when blueberry mug cake came into existence. A perfect recipe that requires minimal planning and is super easy to make.
Why mug cake? Because microwavable mug cake recipes are so convenient and simple. All you need is your ingredients, a mug and a microwave. Simply whisk the ingredients in a mug and cook.
In minutes you have a warm and delicious cake ready to be eaten. Finish it off with whipped cream or a dollop of ice cream and enjoy! With father’s day just around the corner, blueberry mug cake would be the perfect treat for him. Every bite of this moist and fluffy mug cake is bursting with fresh blueberries flavor and I just love this Blueberry Mug Cake. It’s –
- Uses just 10 basic ingredients
- Is Vegan
- Dairy-free and
Need I say more? It’s a perfect guilt-free indulgence in a MUG!! Or may I say, a juicy treat for your taste-buds!
Now on to the recipe!
This mug cake is a simple vanilla based cake recipe. It’s can be improvised to your liking. Since, I had blueberries on hand I have used that but feel free to opt for other choices and switch things around. Other options would include-
- Fresh or frozen berries like strawberries, blackberries, cherries.
- Chocolate chips for a choco chip mug cake
- Fresh apples, bananas
- Peanut butter
- Pumpkin puree
- Dry nuts
- Add 1 tablespoon of chocolate powder for chocolate mug cake
There’s no limit to how many combinations you can make with one single base recipe. So, go wild and create as many flavors you love. The possibilities are endless.
There is no egg in this recipe and believe me you don’t need one. You will still end up with a moist and fluffy cake which is healthy and vegan-friendly.
Prepare the batter and pour in a microwavable mug. Fill the mug 2/3 cup with batter and cook. This cake take 90 seconds to cook. But all microwaves vary in strength, so cooking time may vary. Cook until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
You may see a streak of blue juice on the toothpick along with some cake crumbs – no worries. You cake is cooked, its just the juice oozing out of the yummy blueberries. But if you notice a sticky batter on the toothpick, cook the cake for another 20-30 seconds.
The end result would be a yummy and moist cake bursting with streaks of blue and purple color, especially when you dig in. It taste really good when freshly out of the microwave. You can eat it as is or top with a dollop of favorite ice-cream and enjoy. Either way it tastes delicious!!
Do give this mug cake a try and if you happen to make this cake then either drop me a line below or share your yum pictures with me on Facebook. Would love to see your creation!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER ON YOUR BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below.
Blueberry Mug Cake
- Assemble ingredients.
- Combine everything in a bowl.
- Whisk until well blended. Fold in blueberries. Reserve a few for the top.
- Pour the batter into a microwavable mug. Fill it 2/3 way to the top. Top with saved blueberries.
- Micro for 90 seconds on HIGH setting. This cake take 90 seconds to cook. But all microwaves vary in strength, so cooking time may vary. Cook until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- You may see a streak of blue juice on the toothpick along with some cake crumbs - no worries. You cake is cooked, its just the juice oozing out of the yummy blueberries. But if you notice a sticky batter on the toothpick, cook the cake for another 20-30 seconds. Beautifully baked mug cake.
- Top with your favorite ice-cream or enjoy as is.