Gluten-free, air fryer Baked Chicken Meatballs smothered in a spicy teriyaki sauce is an ultimate game day appetizer. Easy-to-make and an absolute crowd pleaser recipe!
Are you looking for an easy appetizer to serve at your next party? Then look no more. These lip-smacking Baked Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs are seriously an easy and delicious way to feed a crowd. Coincidentally, this recipe happens to be a part of my Super Bowl menu too!
When it comes to party planning/game day planning, I have a confession to make. I have a weakness for finger-foods. It’s like I could cook an entire meal full of snacks and finger foods.
And why not?
Everyone loves finger foods, especially at a party/game day. Guests don’t have to worry about dirty hands or plates. Simply pick a napkin and enjoy the snacks. So, get your forks/toothpicks ready for an easy saucy appetizer is in the making.
You will love everything about these meatballs. They are –
- Air-fryer baked
- Cooked in less than 30 minutes and
- Can be made ahead of time.
Now that’s what I call a perfect party appetizer. Make this for your weekend gatherings, and these meatballs are a guaranteed hit!
How to make Baked Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs?
Simple steps and few ingredients make up this recipe. This recipe has two stages-
- Making of meatballs and
- Yummy Teriyaki sauce
For the first step, combine all the ingredients listed under ‘meatball’ in a bowl. Mix and form them into balls. Bake as directed in an air-fryer.
Now the fun part – making of the sauce. These meatballs attain a whole new level with an Asian inspired teriyaki sauce. Dress cooked meatballs in this slowly simmered teriyaki sauce until well coated. This twisted flavor will make your taste buds craving for more.
On the other hand, you can either make the teriyaki sauce from scratch or use a store-bought sauce for these meatballs. Either way, they will rock your party.
So, if you are craving for an easy game day appetizer – try these Baked Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs. And have a great Super Bowl Sunday….a.k.a Funday!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.
Baked Spicy Chicken Meatballs
FOR CHICKEN MEATBALLS
- 1 lb Ground/minced Chicken
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free Oats flour
- 1 small onion chopped (or 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 teaspoon Garlic powder or 3 fresh cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon Crushed chili flakes or chili powder (adjust according to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dried cilantro leaves or use 1 tablespoon fresh
- Salt to taste
- Assemble ingredients for meatballs.
- Ground chicken.
- Transfer everything to a bowl.
- Add oats flour.
- Knead until the mixture forms a dough.
- Form balls out of the dough.
- Arrange meatballs in air fryer basket.
- Bake @350 degree F for 8-10 minutes. Remove from air fryer and let's prepare the sauce.
- Assemble ingredients for the sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients for teriyaki bowl in a pan. Whisk it well. On a medium-low heat, simmer sauce until it thickens.
- Add baked meatballs.
- Lightly mix until thoroughly coated with sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds
- Chopped scallions and serve hot.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.
Calories: 47kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 126mg | Potassium: 113mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.3mg