Oven baked crispy and browned potatoes tossed in chili-garlic sauce and soy sauce. An absolutely delicious and yum preparation. Full of flavor and super easy to make!
Have you ever experienced a mid week stir-fry craving? If so, then here is a simple 7 ingredient recipe just for you. To satisfy my mid-week stir-fry craving, I explored my pantry and took out all the sauces I had on hand and finally my stir fry for tonight ended up being Baked Potatoes in Chili Garlic Sauce. 🙂 Sounds yummy.. isn’t it !!
RECIPE DETAIL – I have baked potatoes for this recipe but potatoes can be pan tossed too. To pan cook potatoes- grease a tawa/griddle, spread a single layer of potatoes and toast them till crisp and browned.
For the sauces I have used chili garlic sauce because it adds a decent amount of heat to a dish, but feel free to substitute it with teriyaki sauce or hoisin sauce. Very adaptive recipe. Play around with the ingredients/sauces and create a yum dinner tonight.
Substituting tofu with potatoes would be a great option too. Cook it the same way, smear in sauces and enjoy it over a bed of rice. Likewise, meat lovers can grill meat in oven and when fully cooked, toss it with below mentioned spices. Looks great and tastes yum!!
Sauces add an excellent flavor and a nice glaze to these potatoes. Surprisingly potatoes had a medium spicy flavor for the amount of spices that go in this recipe. Overall it turned out to be a really great medium spicy stir-fry and all the flavors complimented each other pretty well! Just before serving, generously sprinkle white sesame seeds over the potatoes and serve.
Definitely my kind of a dish that I was craving for and had authentic Chinese flavor! It was a huge hit among my kids. Even my picky eaters just picked up a toothpick and thoroughly enjoyed these potatoes- a new favorite in my family!
Baked Potatoes in Chili Garlic Sauce
- Transfer potatoes to a big bowl. Preheat the oven @ 425 degree F.
- Rinse potatoes under water to remove all the dirt.
- Allow them to sit in clean water for couple of minutes. Drain water and wipe the potatoes down.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and transfer them onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes .
- Meanwhile assemble rest of the ingredients.
- End result - beautifully browned, evenly cooked, crispy potato slices.
- In a pan heat oil and toss potatoes in this oil. Cover and let them have a oil bath for a minute.
- Stir in chili-garlic sauce..
- Sweet and sour sauce...
- And soy sauce.
- Mix until potatoes are well coated in sauces. Sauces will add a nice glaze to these potatoes.
- Add spring onions and...
- Mix..Mix and mix..
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and serve hot!!
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.