Looking for some no-hassle party food, try this all-time favorite – Amritsari fried fish, served with lemon wedges and sprinkled with chaat masala. Amritsari fish as the name suggests originated from the lovely city of Amritsar in Punjab. It’s a very famous street food and you can find Amritsari fried fish at every local food stall and in restaurants of Amritsar. They’re a perfect starter for any kind of a party.
RECIPE DETAIL – Bites of Salmon fish is battered in gram flour, spices and deep fried until golden brown and crispy. The taste and flavor lies in the marination. Marinate fish pieces in yogurt, ginger-garlic and spices, keep it for 30 minutes to an hour and later fry until crisp and golden brown in color. The secret ingredient that I use in this fish is club soda – it makes the batter airy and the end result is crispy fried fish. For a perfect crispy fish – fry it at medium heat until crispy and brown.
I have used Salmon for this recipe – but feel free to use any de-boned fish or frozen fish of your choice.
Amritsari fried fish is on my dinner menu tonight and since I was pairing it with Dal tadka, I have sliced fish into big pieces but feel free and cut fish pieces into thin slices making it look like a perfect finger food. Pretty simple recipe and a must try.
If you need simple appetizers for your party then look no further! These elegant recipes will rock your parties!! Chicken seekh kebab, Afghani seekh kebab, kakori kebab, Keema samosa, Tandoori chicken, kalmi kebab, chicken chop.
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below.
Amritsari Fried Fish
- 350 grams Boneless fish (salmon) or .81 lbs
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Coarsely crushed Ajwain/ Carom seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Roasted cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup Besan (Chickpea flour/ Gram flour)
- 3/4 tablespoon Homemade tandoori masala
- 2-3 tablespoon Beaten Curd (yogurt)
- 4-6 tablespoon Club Soda or Soda water
- 3 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 tablespoon Chaat Masala - to sprinkle on top
- - - Oil for frying
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- Clean wash and slice fish.
- Coarsely pound ajwain/carom seeds.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients (leaving the last two) and..
- Mix until well blended.
- Add fish pieces and..
- Coat it well. Keep it aside for 30 minutes to an hour. Do not keep it for more than an hour because soda will loose its fizz and fish will not be that crunchy.
- Heat oil in a kadai/pan and deep fry the fish pieces until golden brown in color.
- Crispy fried fish.
- Garnish with sliced onions, cilantro leaves and some lemon juice and....
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice.