If you’re looking for a tasty kebab recipe to accompany your regular meal tonight – something that can be cooked easily, than Afghani kebab recipe is a great choice! It’s a simple and easy to put together kebab recipe that is super moist, delicious and goes with just about everything. Today I am pairing these kebabs with my chana dal with lauki recipe – a flavorful and satisfying dinner tonight. 🙂
RECIPE DETAIL – Recipe breaks down in two parts – first a paste of mint-cilantro leaves along with cream is prepared. Secondly, assemble rest of the ingredients and marinate chicken cubes in it. For tenderizing the meat I have used lemon juice. Leave the marinade for 2-3 hours or overnight. Meanwhile soak some bamboo skewers in water for 30 minute or an hour. When the marination time is over, thread the chicken cubes through the skewers and grill them for 15 – 20 minutes. Remove kebabs from the oven. They should be soft and tender on the inside and beautifully charred on the outside.
These kebabs are practically healthy, oil free and prepared with just the right amount of spices. Drizzle some lime juice, sprinkle some chaat masala, garnish with cilantro leaves and enjoy these yummy kebabs with chutney of your choice.
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Afghani Kebab Recipe
GRIND TO PASTE
- 10 - 12 leaves of Fresh Mint leaves
- 10- 12 stems of Cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoon Fresh cream
- 1 Kg or 2.2 lb Boneless Chicken - washed and cleaned
- 2 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1.5 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon Besan (Chickpea flour/ Gram flour)
- 1 cup Curd (thick Market curd/yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kasoori or kasuri methi/ dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Haldi (Turmeric powder)
- Salt to taste
- Clean and wash Chicken. Cut into cubes. Set it aside.
- Wash cilantro and mint leaves. Toss them in a mixer along with cream and grind them to a fine paste. Set it aside.
- Meanwhile assemble ingredients for second marinade.
- In a bowl whisk curd, ginger garlic paste and mustard oil.
- Add rest of the ingredients one by one.
- Add salt...
- Mix in cilantro- mint-cream paste that we grounded earlier.
- Mix until well blended. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Add chicken pieces.
- And coat them well with the marinade. Cover and keep it in the fridge for 2-3 hours or may be longer.
- Dip skewers in water for 30 minutes or an hour. Preheat oven @ 400 degree F.
- Thread chicken cubes onto wooden skewers and...
- Place it in the heated oven.
- Grill at 400 degree for 15 - 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- If you choose to give it a smoky taste then follow the steps below. Heat charcoal on a cook top...
- Heat until its red hot...
- When they are red hot place them in a kadai...
- Add 1 teaspoon ghee on top of the hot charcoal..
- As the smoke starts to arise...
- Arrange chicken kebab on a wire rack and place it on the smoky kadai.
- Cover and let chicken sit in smoke for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove and arrange it on a platter.
- You can sprinkle some chaat masala on top and..
- Drizzle some lime juice, garnish with cilantro leaves and enjoy these yummy kebabs with chutney of your choice.