Mini Lemon Bundt Cakes
You will LOVE these amazing Mini Lemon Bundt Cakes with lemon glaze! Full of flavor, extremely moist, and delicious recipe. A perfect addition to your potluck or summer party!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 12 SERVINGS
DRY INGREDIENTS - BAKES 6 MINI BUNDT CAKES
- 6 tablespoon Softened butter
- 1.5 cup + 3 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 4 ounces Cream cheese (1/2 less fat)
- 1/4 cup Any Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoon Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Water (to adjust consistency)
- 2 tablespoon Grated Lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup Milk
Assemble dry ingredients.
Sift the dry ingredients so that there are no lumps and set it aside.
Assemble wet ingredients.
Freshly grated lemon, curd, milk, essence, and oil.
Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl. Preheat oven @325 degree F.
Cream until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add cream cheese and mix until the mixture is creamy and well blended.
To avoid the eggy smell in your cake – add eggs one at time.
Beat on LOW setting, until it blends in the batter then add the other one.
Add lemon zest. Lemon zest is important in this recipe and please do not replace this. Please do not use the white part of the lemon because that has a strong bitter taste.
Pour in vanilla essence.
Add oil and yogurt.
Time to add flour. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to the batter,
Alternate the process - flour-milk-flour-milk, mixing well in between.
Batter should be of a dropping consistency, so add water accordingly.
Pour batter in a greased pan. Tap couple to times on the counter to release any trapped air.
Bake mini cakes for 35-40 minutes. Baking times may vary depending on your oven. So the best way to check if these bundtlettes are cooked through is by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean or with a few moist morsels then it’s ready to be taken out of the oven. Allow the mini cakes to cool for 10 minutes before inverting it onto a wire rack.
To make the glaze - combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a pan. Bring it to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and cook until thick. Remove from flame and drizzle the glaze over the minis.
Enjoy these mini bundt cakes along with a cup of hot tea.
Tips to consider while baking a bundt cake!
Bundt cake does look cute and appealing but baking them can sometimes be complicated. Here are some essential tips to get a perfect bundt cake every time you bake.
The final step - turn the cake upside down over a plate, and it should fall off the pan. But if it doesn't repeat the process (run a knife to loosen) again.
- Grease that Bundt well – Bundt pan has many grooves, edges, and the inner tube where your cake can get stuck. Therefore, grease and flour the pan like crazy. Grease every nook and corner of the pan. This way your cake will slide out beautifully without a struggle.
- Either use a pastry brush or a baking spray to grease the pan.
- Allow the cake to cool - Please do not rush through this step, the cake needs to cool for 10-12 minutes in the baking pan before unmolding on to a wire rack. Removing it too soon could ruin the cake.
- Loosen the edges - Another essential step. Run a butter knife around the sides of every groove to loosen the cake from the edges. If using a tube pan, don't forget the tube. Run the knife around the center tube too.
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 125mg | Potassium: 109mg | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Vitamin C: 5.2mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 0.4mg