Strawberry Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
Combination of cream cheese and strawberries creates a delicious and mouthwatering delight. This 5 ingredient Strawberry Cream Cheese Crescent Ring is a keeper for a dinner party or for a Mother's day treat. So easy to make and taste amazing!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 8 SERVINGS
FOR CRESCENT RING
- 16 oz Crescent Rolls (2 cans)
- 8 oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup Slivered Almonds for garnish (optional)
FOR STRAWBERRY SYRUP
- 1 lb Strawberries
- 1/4 cup Sugar
PREPARE THE STRAWBERRY SYRUP
Combine sugar and strawberries in a pan.
Mix and boil until it reduces to half its size.
Set aside to cool completely. Syrup will become thick once cooled.
Meanwhile, prepare the cream cheese filling. Combine cream cheese, almond extract, and sugar in a bowl and beat until creamy and fluffy.
TIME TO ASSEMBLE
Preheat oven @350 degrees F. Open the cans of crescent rolls. Carefully separate the triangles and arrange them in a circle on a baking tray.
Put the cream cheese filling
Followed by thick strawberry syrup.
Fold the triangle part of the crescent sheet over the cream cheese.
Carefully lift and tuck this part under the sheets.
The finished crescent ring will look like this.
Bake @350 degree F for 20-25 minutes.
Combine 1 cup powdered sugar + 2 tablespoon water in a bowl, whisk until well blended. Drizzle over the crescent ring.
Generously top with sliced almonds.
The great thing about a crescent ring is that it is easy to cut and can be served in slices! Treat your mom with a sweet treat today.
Possibilities are unlimited!
This crescent ring tastes great with any fruit. Some other options are -
Tips to consider, what could possibly go wrong!
- Fresh cherries, apples, and blueberries. Any of these fruit combinations will work wonders with cream cheese.
- To cut short on time, you can use store-bought pie filling cans for this recipe.
- Can't find fresh strawberries, no worries try frozen strawberries. This recipe works great with frozen fruit too.
- Before you advance with filling the ring, make sure your strawberry syrup is of a thick consistency. If it is on a liquid side then it will mess up the full recipe.
- Seal and secure the ends of crescent rolls tightly underneath the ring. This will give a clean finished look.
- The final sugar glaze is optional though it tastes amazing. Feel free to simply top these ring with slivered almonds and enjoy as is without the sugar glaze.
Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 537mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 390IU | Vitamin C: 33.3mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1.2mg