Crustless Veggie Quiche
Enjoy the flavors of your favorite veggies in this Crustless Veggie Quiche. A quick, no-fuss healthy breakfast for the entire family!!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 8 SERVINGS
FOR THE BASE
- 2 cups Semolina
- 1.5 cup Vegan yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Green Chili paste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 teaspoon Vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Black Pepper powder
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup Water (adjust accordingly)
VEGGIES FOR TOPPING
- 1/4 cup Sliced or chopped onions
- 12 pieces of Small tomatoes, cut into circles
- 5 pieces of Small Carrots, cut into circles
- 1 medium Zucchini, cut into circles
- 1 teaspoon Dried mint leaves, crushed
Cut veggies of your choice in circles.
Assemble ingredients. Preheat oven @350 degree F.
Combine yogurt with baking soda, baking powder, salt, green chili paste and oil.
Add semolina and beat it well. Beat rapidly to incorporate air into the batter.
Add water to make a thick pouring consistency batter. I have used a little over 3/4 cup (but less than 1 cup) of water to make a thick batter.
Grease a quiche pan or a 9 inch baking tray.
Add crushed black pepper and vinegar to the batter.
Beat it well.
Pour batter in the greased tray.
Top with onions.
Add veggies of your choice.
Decorate as you please. Kids will love to try their hand on this one.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Remove from oven and grease the top with olive oil or melted butter.
Run a knife around the edges to loosen the quiche.
Cut yourself a slice and enjoy with your favorite dressing or chutney.
- I have used dairy-free yogurt for this recipe, but feel free to sub it with regular yogurt.
- Please use store-bought thick yogurt for this recipe. If planning to use homemade yogurt, strain through a cloth and use the thick portion.
- Add water slowly. The batter should be of a thick pouring consistency. To begin with, add 3/4 cup of water.
Make ahead recipe!
- This quiche can be made the night before and reheated in the morning in the microwave.
- A 40-second reheat in the microwave and a delicious breakfast is ready to be devoured!
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 224mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 5.3mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 2mg