Falahari Paneer Makhane Gulgulle
Crunchy and crispy Paneer Makhane Gulgulle topped with shredded cucumbers and chutney makes an amazing appetizer. Simply delicious, Gluten-free and vegetarian!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 15 BALLS
FOR PANEER MAKHANE BALLS
- 1.25 cup Phool Makhane (puffed lotus seed or foxnut)
- 1 small Boiled potato, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup Shredded Paneer
- 3 tablespoon Arrowroot flour or Any vrat flour
- - - Salt to taste (Vrat salt - Sendha namak)
- 1 teaspoon Degi Mirch or Red chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried mint leaves, crushed
- 2 small green chilies chopped
- 2 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves
MAKING PANEER MAKHANE BALLS
Assemble all the ingredients.
Chopped cilantro and green chilies.
Dry roast makhane in a heavy bottomed pan until light brown in color.
Allow it to cool. Transfer them to a food processor and
Grind the makhane into a powder.
Combine all the ingredients 'listed under paneer makhane' into a bowl.
Add arrowroot powder.
Add powdered makhane to the mix.
Knead until well combined.
Add 1-2 tablespoon of warm water to knead a soft dough.
Divide the dough into equal sized balls.
Grease a appe pan and cook paneer makhane balls until crispy.
Or feel free to deep fry them. There is no difference in the end result.
They tastes equally delicious.
Shred cucumber. Remove excess water.
Vrat ki chutney - link provided above in ingredient list.
Paneer makhane balls.
Assemble balls in a serving ball, top with shredded cucumbers, chutney, vrat ka chaat masala and serve immediately.