Chili Noodles With Grilled Tofu
Flavor-packed chili noodles with grilled tofu is a tasty addition to your busy weeknight dinner. This one pot vegan meal is deliciously addictive and super easy to make!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 PEOPLE
- 1 lb Wheat Lo Mein
- 1 cup Onions (sliced)
- 1.5 cup Bell pepper (sliced lengthwise)
- 1 cup Cabbage (shredded)
- 14 oz Firm tofu (pressed and drained)
- 1/2 cup Carrots, julienned (optional)
- 1/4 cup Olive oil (for boiling noodles + cooking tofu + sauteing veggies)
- - - Season to taste
HOMEMADE PEANUT SAUCE
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Chili Garlic sauce (adjust according to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Oil
- 3 tablespoon Vegan Peanut butter or paste
- 1 tablespoon Crushed Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Crushed ginger
- 1 teaspoon Coarsely crushed Black Pepper
- 1.5 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Spring Onions/scallions
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds for garnish
Assemble ingredients for sauce.
Combine all the ingredients listed under 'homemade peanut sauce' in a bowl and whisk until blended.
Remove tofu from its packaging and pour out all of the excess water. Wrap tofu block in between paper towels and press hard until all the water is squeezed out.
Cut it lengthwise.
Dip tofu in the sauce mixture that was prepared earlier in the recipe. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
Heat and grease a griddle. Place tofu sticks on the griddle and cook until brown and golden from both the sides.
Save the remaining sauce.
Boil noodles as per package instructions.
Drain and set aside.
Heat a heavy bottomed pan. Pour oil and add veggies to it.
Cook veggies until soft.
Add salt and pepper.
Pour in 2-3 tablespoon of remaining sauce.
Add boiled noodles.
Mix until well blended. Adjust sauce and salt as per taste.
Garnish with chopped green onions and serve hot.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1616mg | Potassium: 300mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 60.2% | Vitamin C: 70.6% | Calcium: 4.9% | Iron: 7.1%