Chana Salad or Chickpea Salad
The ultimate no-cook healthy and refreshing Chana Salad or Chickpea Salad is full of vibrant colors and flavors. Makes a delicious meal and is packed with protein and fiber!!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 8 PEOPLE
- 2 tablespoon Chopped Green Onions
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 1 medium Cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 cup Green Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves to garnish
- 3 tablespoon Feta cheese
- Salt to taste
Open a chickpeas can and drain.
Save the liquid - this is Aquafaba. Visit the link above for aquafaba recipes.
Add the boiled chickpeas to a bowl. Mix in all the spices one by one.
Give it a good toss.
Do not add salt at this point.
When ready to serve. Heat up the chana/chickpeas and start adding veggies one by one.
You can add or subtract the ingredients to your liking.
Toss in all the veggies.
At this point add salt and adjust seasonings.
Assemble the salad dressing ingredients. You can use store bought vinaigrette to save time.
In a cup add all the ingredients and whisk it up.
Pour it over the salad.
Toss until well blended.
Adjust dressing, spices and enjoy!
How to make boiled chickpeas from scratch -
- Wash and soak chickpea overnight. In the morning, drain that water and wash the chickpeas again.
- Transfer soaked chickpeas to a pressure cooker and add enough water to cover it.
- Pressure cook for 6-8 whistles or until chickpeas/chole is tender. If using an Instant Pot, Pressure cook soaked chickpeas for 25 minutes on HIGH.
- Use as directed in the recipe.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 309mg | Potassium: 268mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 875IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 2mg