Instant Pot Matar Paneer Recipe
Indulge in a super easy and flavorful Instant Pot Matar Paneer Recipe made in a rich and creamy gravy. This gluten-free curry comes together in less than 30 minutes and makes an amazing weeknight meal. Can be vegan too!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 6 SERVINGS
- 1.75 cups Fresh Paneer -Indian Cottage Cheese (vegan option - tofu, soya nuggets, potatoes)
- 2 cups Frozen Peas
- 2 pieces of Bay leaves (Tej patta)
- 2 pods of Whole Black Cardamom (Moti eliachi)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1.5 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1.5 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 3/4 cup Tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons Curd/yogurt (vegan option - cashew paste)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric/ Haldi
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli
- 2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 2 teaspoons Dried Fenugreek leaves
- - - Salt to taste
Cut paneer into cubes. Set it aside.
Plug in the Instant Pot. Press the SAUTE mode on. To the inner pot of your Instant Pot add oil, curry leaves, cardamom pods and cumin seeds. When it starts to crackle, add onions.
Add in garlic and ginger paste too. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add tomato puree.
Mix and cook for another 2-3 minutes until oil starts to separate.
Add the curd/yogurt along with salt, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, and salt.
Finally, add crushed dried fenugreek leaves. Dried fenugreek leaves or Kasuri methi imparts a nice aroma to Indian dishes. I highly recommend not skipping it.
Mix it well.
Add frozen peas to this mixture.
Pour in 1 cup of water and mix to combine.
Add Paneer cubes and mix. Close the lid and set the valve to seal. Set the instant pot to manual or pressure cook mode for 4 minutes.
After the cooking time is over, the instant pot will start beeping, release the pressure instantly (QPR).
Open the IP and adjust the seasonings. You may need to adjust the consistency of water as Paneer will soak up the curry.
Serve instant pot Mattar paneer with rice, naan or any bread of choice.
Feel free to swap out -
SUBSTITUTE FOR PANEER!
If paneer isn't your thing, then, the closest VEGAN substitute is - TOFU!
Other possible variations are -
- curd/yogurt for cashew paste
- Add some cream to the curry for a rich (shahi) taste
- For extra creaminess, Khoya/mawa would be a great addition too.
- soy nuggets
- mushrooms Instant Pot Matar Paneer Recipe
- eggs, and
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 312mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 11.1% | Vitamin C: 30.7% | Calcium: 35.5% | Iron: 10.1%