A melt-in-your-mouth whipping cream pound cake that is moist, flavorful, and delicious! This incredibly light and fluffy is made with just 6 simple ingredients and is perfect for the Holidays, potlucks, picnics or any other occasion!
Do you love a velvety soft and fluffy cake? Then join me in making this d-licious whipping cream pound cake. This is the PERFECT anytime cake that can be enjoyed for breakfast, snack or dessert.
A super moist with a crunchy outside layer and the inner texture is light, spongy, and airy just like the market pound cakes. Sounds yum, right?
It’s THE BEST! Good luck stopping at just one slice!
What is cake Flour?
Wondering what is cake flour and why is that used in this recipe? I can explain. Cake flour is fine flour with low protein content. Because of this low protein, it adds a tender, delicate crumb to these cupcakes and makes them light and fluffy.
This low protein content influences the gluten or elasticity of the flour thus making cake flour a perfect ingredient for baking.
Other option would be – substitute 1.5 cup cake flour with 1 and 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour + 1/4 cup of Cornflour/cornstarch. How to make
How to make a Whipping Cream Pound Cake?
Start by creaming butter and sugar. Butter, when creamed with sugar, creates air pockets which are essential for soft and fluffy cakes.
Always use soften butter!
Do not use melted butter. Melted butter fails to create air bubbles/pockets. Melted butter cannot emulsify because its a mixture of fat and water and it’s emulsion is already broken. I have tried with both soften and melted butter and soften butter yields great results – softer and moist textured cake.
Eggs are the base for this recipe!
Though this recipe uses 6 eggs; but surprisingly it has no after taste of eggs once it’s baked. And whatever egg flavor was left in the cake was taken care by adding 1.5 teaspoons of Vanilla essence to the batter. So please do not cut back on the number of eggs.
Sift the dry ingredients together and combine with the wet ingredients. Bake as directed.
You will love this cake as it is –
- easy to make
- perfectly sweet and
- taste amazing!
An absolutely delicious cake that is perfect for any celebration!
So, grab a mug of tea or coffee and enjoy a slice of this classic whipping cream pound cake! Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. Would love to hear from you. 🙂
Try out our other cake recipes –
RECIPE SOURCE – Swans Down
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below.
Whipping Cream Pound Cake
- 3 cups Cake flour
- 1.5 cup Soften Unsalted Butter
- 3 cups Superfine Sugar
- 6 medium Eggs
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Assemble all the ingredients. Preheat oven at 325 degrees F. Sift the flour through a strainer.
- Make sure its lump - free.
- In a large bowl combine butter and sugar. Whisk them until completely blended.
- Add eggs one at a time and wait till each egg is blended in the mixture and the mixture is frothy.
- Eggs are the base of this cake kind of rising agent (that makes the cake rise) so mix it well.
- Mix in Vanilla essence.
- Spoon by spoon mix in flour...
- Pour in Cream and mix thoroughly.
- Batter should be of a thick dropping consistency.
- Grease a baking pan. Pour the batter in the pan and slowly pat the baking pan on the counter to release any trapped air.
- Place it in the hot oven and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or 1 hour 30 minutes. Depending on oven, cooking time may vary- for me it was 1 hour 20 minutes exact.
- Remove cake from the oven and set it on the kitchen counter to cool down. Insert a toothpick in the center to check if it comes out clean.
- Cake is thoroughly cooked.
- Allow it to cool down completely before turning it upside down.
- Grab a big slice..
- And enjoy the super moist whipping cream cake. This cake has a slightly dense texture.
- If you prefer you can dust this cake with powdered sugar!!
- lemon zest or orange zest to give it a citrus flavor.
- dry nuts like - almonds, cashews or pecans
- or dried fruits like - cranberries, mangoes or dried strawberries!