If you are looking for a quick and spicy dinner option then here is a perfect dinner for a relaxing weekend ! Spicy veggie szechuan noodles is a popular Indo-Chinese street food in India and relished by everyone. Thin noodles combined with veggies are tossed in hot and fiery szechuan sauce making it a delicious and flavorful vegan meal! To enjoy the spicy flavor of szechuan sauce with noodles, I choose to add just bell peppers, onion and cabbage but feel free to add veggies of your choice.
Homemade szechuan sauce was used to prepare this d-licious noodles but store bought szechuan sauce can be used to save some time doing the basics. All the hard work goes in thinly slicing the veggies, rest is easy and quick. I have used rice vinegar in the recipe but it can be substituted with regular vinegar. Spiciness in the sauce can be adjusted with sugar.
Like crunchy veggies in noodles, then saute your vegetables for a minute before adding sauces. After mixing in the sauces, water was added – this way noodles get a nice coating of the sauces and tastes juicy. Allow the noodles to sit in the pan for a while before serving and let it soak in all the flavors. This way it taste better and leftovers even taste yummier the next day – perfect tiffin meal. 🙂
Veggie Szechuan Noodles
- 1 packet Gluten-free thin noodles
- 2 small Red and yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 big Onion, julienned
- 1 cup Cabbage, julienned
- 1 tablespoon Chopped garlic pieces
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 3 tablespoon Homemade Szechuan sauce
- 3 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 - 3 tablespoon Sesame Oil or Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- Assemble: all the ingredients.
- Cut bell peppers into thin strips (julienne).
- Slice cabbage into thin strips.
- Slice onions...
- Boil noodles as per packet instructions. Once done, drain and keep it aside.
- Meanwhile add oil in a kadahi/pan and add chopped garlic and ginger paste. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add onions and saute for a minute.
- Add bell peppers...
- Add sliced cabbage and mix them together. Do not overcook them.
- Start pouring in the sauces one by one.
- Add as per one's taste, like it less spicy reduce the quantity of szechuan sauce.
- Add in soy sauce, sugar and salt.
- Mix until well blended and add 1/4 cup water. Reason to add water is too make it a bit soupy.
- Add noodles and mix well. Water added to the sauces will help in coating this noodles well. If kept for a while, noodles will soak up all the water and sauce will thicken up.
- Grab a bowl and enjoy.
- A perfect tiffin meal.