A delicious and nutritious breakfast recipe that is easy to make and extremely healthy too. Veggie Rawa Upma prepared with semolina and fresh veggies is a one – pot vegan breakfast that can be prepared in 20 minutes and is loaded with flavor.
It’s a very basic recipe prepared with minimal ingredients but feel free to improvise as per one’s taste. I begin this recipe by dry roasting semolina until light brown in color, set it aside. In a separate pan saute onion with veggies of your choice, mix in sooji, spices, curd, water and mix.
Curd and water can be substituted with buttermilk. Instead of adding 3 cups of curd + water add 3 cup of buttermilk for a much creamier taste. My mom-in-law prefers her upma to be on a lumpy and gooey side that just melts in her mouth, so this is the way I prepare for her. But if you prefer your upma to be on a dry and fluffy side, add less water.
Serve it hot with chutney of your choice.
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below 👇
Veggie Rawa Upma
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- In a pan dry roast sooji until it's light brown in color. Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add curry leaves, mustard seeds and as they start to sputter mix in onions, carrots and saute until carrots are soft and tender. Mix in red chili powder and salt.
- Saute and cook for a minute.
- Mix in roasted sooji...
- And mix until well blended.
- Pour in curd and keep stirring...
- Add water and keep stirring. Make sure no lumps are formed.
- And bring it to a boil.
- As it starts to thicken up, take it off the flame and cover. If you prefer upma of a thick and gooey consistency, then take it off the flame. Allow it to sit for a while and it will thicken up. If you prefer your upma on a dry and fluffy side, add less water and cook a bit longer until water evaporates and upma dries out and becomes fluffy.
- Serve it hot along with green chutney and hot tea.