Homemade Veggie Pizza recipe made-from-scratch using fresh veggies, low fat shredded cheese and homemade pizza sauce. So filing and tastes d-licious!
Who doesn’t love pizza? If I ask my kids what will they have for lunch/dinner – they will scream in unison – “PIZZA!” If calories didn’t count, I could allow them to eat HOMEMADE pizza all day. Yes, you heard me right, it’s homemade Veggie Pizza recipe – made-from-scratch using fresh ingredients.
This is my go-to-easy-pizza recipe and I make it regularly. I combine it with my homemade pizza sauce, fresh veggies, low fat shredded cheese and it tastes so delicious!
Why homemade when you can buy everything from the store ? Well, to start with, I control what goes in my Veggie Pizza recipe. Secondly, there are no preservatives or un-pronounced ingredients that are added and the best part is I can customize the recipe to my liking.Now onto the recipe!
A little details about this pizza –
- ✔dough preparation isn’t very hard.
- ✔I always use whole wheat flour for my pizza crust because it is rich in fiber and protein. Follow the step by step guide below to make your very own homemade pizza dough.
- ✔ Store bought pizza base can be used for this recipe.
I have used homemade pizza sauce, but store bought chunky sauce will work just fine. Two different types of cheeses were added to this recipe – I have used low fat mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Feel free to use cheese of your liking.
Regarding the toppings – choices are endless. Since this recipe bakes two pizzas – I have baked one with olives and one without olives. Bake @400 degree F for 20 – 30 minutes or until crust is golden.
Taste great when fresh out of the oven. Makes a great Sunday dinner. If you happen to make this pizza then share your yum pictures with me @Facebook or drop me a line below! Would love to see your creation!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER ON YOUR BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Veggie Pizza recipe
- 2.5 cup Whole Wheat flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoon Active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
VEGGIES FOR PIZZA
- 2 cup Homemade Marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 medium Sliced onion
- 1/4 cup Sliced Black Olives
- 2 medium Sliced Capsicum (green and red)
- 3 cup Low Fat Shredded cheese
- Salt to taste
MAKING PIZZA DOUGH
- Assemble ingredients..
- Measure flour.
- To activate yeast - combine yeast and sugar in lukewarm water.
- Stir and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- It will become all bubbly and frothy.
- Combine everything together and..
- Knead a soft dough. Cover and let the dough rest for 30 - 1 hour.
- Dough will double in size.
- Pizza dough all set and ready.
- Assemble ingredients for pizza.
- Dust the dough with dry flour..
- Divide the dough in equal portions. Above measurements make 2 pizzas.
- Preheat oven @ 400 degree F. Roll the dough into a circle.
- Grease a baking tray and transfer the rolled dough onto the baking sheet.
- Keep spreading it around.
- Using a fork..
- Make holes at the base of the pizza.
- Feel free to bake the dough for 10 minutes before spreading the sauce.
- Baked pizza dough...
- Spread sauce over the dough.
- Sprinkle cheese..
- Add veggies..
- More veggies..
- Add salt and pepper..
- Generously sprinkle some more cheese.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes or until crust is golden. First one without olives and only baked.
- I have baked my pizza for 20 minutes and for the last 6-7 minutes I have broiled the pizza.
- Cut yourself a big slice and..
- Sprinkle some red chili flakes and