Hearty sweet corn vegetable soup is a healthy and delicious way to warm up on a cold wintry evening!! The crisp bite of salted crackers and a bowl of hot sweet corn soup has always been my favorite. This soup is so easy to put together, and without a doubt, amazingly tasty, soul comforting and very filling.
RECIPE DETAILS – Sweet corn soup is made-from-scratch using homemade cream of corn. Homemade cream of corn can be substituted with store bought canned corn or frozen corn to save time. This soup is so versatile that you can combine it with almost any vegetable and the outcome will be a nutritional soup. Packed with richness of corn and veggies – this soup is truly a nutritional delight.
Well the recipe starts with a homemade cream of corn, deliciously flavored with soy sauce and vinegar and finally topped with green onions, carrots, corn kernels and shredded cabbage. Save the veggies for the last for much crunchier taste. It’s a perfect combination of creamy corn meets crunchy veggies. All the flavors of a corn and veggies comes together in this comforting soup! Enjoy it with homemade Honeycomb buns.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Sweet Corn Soup
- 2 cups Cream of corn
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1.5 tablespoon Cornflour
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Green Onions
- 1/2 cup Shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup Chopped Carrot
- 2 tablespoon Low Fat Shredded cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoon Corn Kernels - to garnish
- Assemble all ingredients for soup.
- Add cream of corn along with 1 cup of water or vegetable stock. Bring it to a boil. Meanwhile, dilute cornstarch in 3 tablespoon of water. Make sure there are no lumps in it. Slowly add cornflour and soy sauce to the soup.
- Season it with spices, chopped carrots and add sugar.
- Stir constantly until the soup thickens.
- Take it off the flame and just before serving add the veggies.
- As per taste, garnish with shredded cheese and enjoy!!
- Packed with richness of corn and veggies - this soup is a nutritional delight.