Thin spaghetti noodles tossed with veggies and spiced with Asian sauces creates a lip-smacking recipe – spicy veg noodles. Any combination will work with this recipe. Very adaptable and flexible recipe, I have added veggies but if you are a non- veg eater add meat of your choice to bring extra flavor to the noodles. I didn’t had any mushrooms on hand but Shiitake mushrooms will surely tweak up the recipe. No set rules for this recipe you can really add or subtract your flavors, veggies and spiciness based on your personal preferences.
Have you ever wondered how the restaurant served noodles are too crunchy and juicy? Well here is the trick – If you prefer veggies to be crunchy, then cook them for a minute on medium high flame add sauces, mix and add noodles. This way they will be perfectly tender and still crunchy at serving time. For them to be juicy add 3 tablespoon of water to your sauces, lower the flame, add noodles and toss.
Minus the little intensive chopping time, this recipe is pretty simple and quick to prepare. Toss all the veggies in a wok, add the sauces, noodles and then let them sit to soak up all the flavors from the sauces. Adjust the spice level as per your family taste.
Enjoy this quick and delicious recipe, even the picky eaters and the mild tongues will love it! At least mine did. My older one is a tough eater when it comes to greens so have to play around with flavors to make greens favorable to his palate. 🙂
Spicy Veg Noodles
- 1 packet Thin Noodles
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- 1 medium Red Capsicum, sliced
- 1 medium Green Capsicum, sliced
- 1/3 cup Thinly sliced cabbage
- A handful of Sprouts (optional)
- 2 tablespoon Green onions
- 1/3 cup Shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon Red chili sauce or chili-garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
- 1 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Crushed chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- Boil noodles as per package instructions.
- Don't overcook them, cook them a minute under their cooking time and let them sit in hot water for a while.
- Drain and allow them to cool down.
- Clean, wash and chop all the veggies. I prefer onions to be sliced but as per one's taste you can cube your veggies.
- Assemble: all the sauces ...
- And mince ginger and garlic.
- To begin, heat olive oil in a wok, add ginger and garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add carrots...
- And saute for a minute.
- Mix in all the veggies, leaving out sprouts and toss them gently. Do not overcook them or else they will turn soggy once sauces are added.
- Lower the flame to the lowest setting. Stir in the sauces....
- And gently toss the veggies in these sauces. Add 3 tablespoon of water to keep the veggies juicy. Taste and adjust seasonings at this point.
- Drop in the noodles...
- Mix, mix and mix till all the flavors are fully incorporated. Cover and let them soak up all the flavors. Take it off the flame.
- Top them with sprouts and Serve hot!!