Paneer or Indian cottage cheese is a versatile ingredient and adds charm to any recipe whether be savory or sweet. It’s an all- time favorite food and my kids relish paneer in any form. Kids are headed home from playfields and will be looking for munchies that taste insanely sweet or salty to fill their hungry bellies. Instead of junk food I will offer them a healthy quick fix that is delicious, nutritious and their favorite too. It’s a 15 minutes recipe from start to finish !!
RECIPE DETAIL – Homemade crumbled paneer is combined with hot sauce and few basic ingredients to create this spicy paneer sandwich. Paneer is pretty bland in taste and it absorbs any kind of spice or flavor added to it. Very adaptive recipe, add veggies and spices of your choice and make it even more flavorful and delicious. For vegan option – substitute paneer with tofu.
For a healthier sandwich, substitute sandwich bread with wheat bread, sourdough bread or grain bread. If grilling on a tawa – make sure you toast the sandwich on a medium low flame until it is crunchy and crispy. On busy afternoons my lunch is usually a hand- held sandwich or a wrap – healthy and super easy to make.
Are we friend's yet? Let's connect on -
Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Spicy Paneer Sandwich
- 6 slices of Sandwich bread or wheat bread
- 2 cups Crumbled Paneer or Tofu
- 1 cup Shredded Lettuce
- 3 tablespoon Chopped Green Onions
- 1 small Chopped green chili (optional)
- 2 tablespoon Finely chopped Green capsicum (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoon Chili Garlic sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed black pepercorns
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspon Oil - to grill sandwich
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- And Paneer.
- You can also use wheat bread or grain bread for these sandwiches.
- In a bowl combine crumbled paneer, add rest of the ingredients one by one. leaving bread out.
- Mix until well blended. Adjust seasonings.
- Heat a griddle or sandwich maker.
- Place bread slices over it..
- Generously spread paneer mixture on top.
- Add lettuce..
- Place the other slice on top.
- And grill until crisp.
- Yummy paneer sandwiches are ready.
- Grab a bite before they are all gone.