Super easy and quick Instant Carrot Chili Pickle! This crunchy and spicy pickle is prepared with fresh carrots,chilies and flavored with aromatic Indian spices. So fresh and delicious!!
Hello 2017 and a very happy new year to all !! After the long winter-break, moments of relaxation and merriment, I am back to blogging and soooo looking forward to a year full of healthy, yummy and innovative recipes. And what would be a better way to start the new year with my favorite fresh Instant Carrot Chili Pickle that I happened to make over the holidays.
Instant Carrot Chili Pickle is a staple in my house and is a perfect accompaniment to any Indian meal. In fact, pair it with your favorite dish and add zing to any meal. Back home, this pickle is prepared with red carrots which adds a beautiful color.
This recipe comes from my Mom’s diary who was an excellent cook and made the best pickles in our family. In fact, whenever she visited friends or family, she would carry a bottle of her prepared pickle and would gift them as a simple expression of her love 💕💕.
When the markets were flooded with red carrots during the brief season of Dec-Jan, my mom would buy carrots, chilies and turmeric in bulk and make a huge batch of this pickle. Why turmeric? Turmeric has anti-bacterial and inflammatory properties and that’s why she always added yellow and white turmeric to this pickle.
Now, onto the recipe!
In winters, yellow turmeric can be found in your local Indian grocery stores. If you can’t find them, feel free to leave that out and continue with rest of the recipe. Few tips-
- Test the chilies before adding to the pickle. If you find them too spicy, de-seed the chilies, slice and add to the pickle.
- Adjust the spice level as per taste.
- Mustard oil can be used a substitute to vegetable oil.
Not many people make pickles/achar at home. Some find it too difficult, some find it time consuming or it requires too much energy. But trust me, its the most easiest work. Simply chop or slice fresh ingredients, tossed them in spices, add oil and preserve…. that’s it. Quick and simple. Take my word for it.
Though there are some rules which needs to be followed.
- Veggies should be completely dried. There should be no moisture left.
- Always use clean dry jars to store pickles.
- Hygiene and cleanliness is very important while making a pickle.
- Pickles should remain covered in oil at all times. Less oil could cause the pickle to go rancid.
- Oil acts as a preservative and allows the pickle to be stored for a longer period of time at room temperature.
- Follow the recipe carefully. In some recipes, vinegar or lemon juice are used as a preservative and flavoring agents.
Follow the step by step pictures below and give this simple pickle a try. Pair it along side with your favorite meal and take it to a whole next level! Imagine a bowl of hot rice, dal along with this pickle….drool, drool..
Instant Carrot Chili Pickle will satisfy all your hot and spicy pickles craving. In one word, this pickle is irresistible!!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER IN YOUR PICKLES BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON: