What snack can I cook up in 20 minutes? It’s a common question which sizzles through every mind on a busy weekday. Well here is a simple recipe that is very tasty and full of great flavor. Had frozen corn and some sourdough bread in my fridge. Cooked up a fast, easy and delicious snack under 20 minutes. Corn and bean toast – Crunchiness of corn combined with the softness of black beans is just great and that little hint of salsa gave it a great zing. Both the kids loved it.
What makes this recipe great is it’s – Minimal cook time. Black beans can be substituted with black eyed beans or lobia – it will taste equally good. To avoid the “mushiness” save salsa for the last minute. Once the bread is beautifully toasted and crisp then add in the salsa. I loved how all the flavors of corn, beans, green onions and salsa came together and it tasted so fresh and wonderful. Adding cumin seeds really tied everything together.
Rich in nutrition and great in taste – corn paired up with black beans creates an excellent recipe with nutritional value! Reached home after work and hungry – no worries throw everything together and enjoy a nutritional and filling snack under 20 minutes.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Quick and Easy Corn and Bean toast
- 5 pieces of Big bread or Sourdough bread
- 2/3 cup Frozen Corn Kernels
- 2/3 cup Black Beans (or Black eyed peas or lobia)
- 2 tablespoon Salsa
- 2 tablespoon Chopped Green Onions
- 2/3 - 3/4 cup Low Fat Shredded cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Roasted cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Assemble all the ingredients. If using canned corn, drain and wash the grains under clean water. Repeat the same for canned black beans.
- In a bowl add black beans..
- Washed Corn kernels...
- Spring onions...
- Salt and roasted cumin seeds...
- And finally the cheese.
- Mix thoroughly and check your seasonings.
- Assemble your bread slices...
- Toast them till crisp. It took me 2 minutes and 40 seconds to attain this crispiness.
- Once toast are ready, mix in salsa..
- Give it one last toss and...
- Generously spread this mixture over the crisp toast.
- Sprinkle lots of cheese and toast it in preheated oven for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted and gooey.
- Cut into halves....
- Drizzle some ketchup or Sriracha sauce and enjoy!!