Colorful and delicious Pumpkin Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels are a great vegetarian snack. These small bites are packed with seasonal flavor – pumpkin and are perfect for potlucks and get-togethers.
Bite-sized appetizers are my favorite thing at a party. Amongst all the appetizers on the table, finger-foods or bite-sized appetizers catch my attention more than anything else.
They are mini versions of food made into the perfect size so that you can enjoy them guilt-free without going overboard. Today’s recipe, pumpkin ranch tortilla pinwheels are THE perfect bite-sized appetizer that is super-easy to make and are loaded with tons of flavor and deliciousness.
Less than 12 ingredients are all it takes to make this delicious pinwheels and it will surely rock your party and are very addictive!
WHAT IS INSIDE THESE TORTILLA PINWHEELS?
To fill these pinwheels, I have used – Pumpkin Ranch!
Yes, the creamy base is a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, and pumpkin puree. The cream cheese mixture is then flavored with spices, dry ranch dressing mix, and colorful veggies.
Other tested and tried variations of Pumpkin Ranch are –
- Yogurt + dry ranch dressing mix + cream cheese
- Cream cheese + dry ranch dressing mix + mayo
- Cream cheese + thick liquid ranch dressing
All of the above combos pair perfectly with pumpkin puree in these pinwheels.
LET’S TALK ABOUT THE VEGGIES!
Making these pinwheels is super easy. Just take a large tortilla – plain or spinach flavored. Add a layer of pumpkin ranch and then top it with a rainbow of seasonal veggies.
Make sure your veggies are thinly sliced. This way the pinwheels will hold together. Tightly roll your pinwheels like logs and cover in a plastic wrap.
Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours. After they are cooled, slice it up and enjoy!
Possibilities and choices are Endless!
These pinwheels are fully customizable with all of your favorite toppings and can be filled with just about anything. Some of my other favorite toppings include:
- Shredded broccoli,
- Shredded red or purple cabbage,
- Bell peppers,
- Thinly sliced zucchini or cucumber
- Meat lovers can add meat to add more flavor.
You can create an array of these pinwheels filled with assorted flavors and arrange it on a platter for your upcoming Halloween party.
Make Ahead Appetizer!
Yes, you can make these pinwheels ahead of time. They can be made up to 24 hours in advance and still have loads of flavor and crunch to them.
Do they stay soft?
Of course, they do!! Assemble everything, roll, and tightly wrap them individually in a plastic wrap. Store in your refrigerator. When ready to serve, slice it 1-inch thick rounds and serve.
Remember to secure the logs correctly with a plastic wrap so that the tortilla doesn’t dry out around the edges.
A Perfect potluck appetizer!
These pinwheels travel well. Shape tortillas like logs and cover in a plastic wrap. Carry these pinwheels as is to your potluck destination. Just before serving, unwrap the logs, slice it up and serve.
These pinwheels make a unique and flavorful party appetizer that is guaranteed to please a crowd. People of all ages will relish these pinwheels.
Kids love it too. Kids enjoy mess-free bite-size appetizers, and this one fits the bill perfectly.
As a bonus, these pinwheels are a great way to sneak veggies in their diets. No one will know, and it is a win-win!
If you are thinking of serving this appetizer for Halloween or any potluck, then double the recipe as these pumpkin ranch tortilla pinwheels will disappear even before you know it!
Hope you like this simple recipe and give it a try. If you happen to make it, then drop me a line below. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.
Pumpkin Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels
PUMPKIN RANCH DRESSING
- 4 - Spinach and plain flour tortillas (2 of each)
- 1 cup Finely-chopped green bell peppers
- 3/4 cup Finely chopped red onions
- 1 cup Finely shredded cheese
- 3/4 cup Finely chopped Carrots
- For the Pumpkin Ranch - Assemble all the ingredients listed under - 'Pumpkin Ranch Dressing' in a large bowl.
- Whisk until well blended. For homemade dry ranch mix combine the following ingredients in a bowl- 1/4 cup of dry buttermilk powder, 1 tablespoon of parsley, 1 teaspoon dried dill, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon Ground pepper. Store in the refrigerator to cool.
- Assemble ingredients for Pinwheels. Use veggies of your choice.
- Take a tortilla. Spread the pumpkin ranch mixture evenly over the tortilla. Make sure you cover the edges too as this will help the ends to stick together. Top it with a rainbow of thinly sliced veggies.
- Tightly roll your pinwheels like logs and cover in a plastic wrap. Remember to secure the logs correctly with a plastic wrap so that the tortilla doesn’t dry out around the edges.
- For perfect pinwheels - make sure your veggies are thinly sliced, wrapped tightly, refrigerated for 2-3 hours and cut into 1-inch rounds.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours. When ready to serve, slice the pinwheels 1 inch thick and serve. Don't cut them thin as the pinwheels will fall apart.
- 1-inch thick slices will provide stability to these pinwheels. Enjoy!!