Headed to a picnic with another quick and easy vegetarian pasta recipe. If you have the homemade pesto sauce ready than it is under 30 minute pasta recipe. During summer break from school Pesto Cavatappi a staple in my household as a evening snack – it is absolutely mouthwatering and super delicious! The best part is, this recipe is easy to prepare and comes together pretty fast! Combination of Cavatappi pasta and homemade pesto is truly a remarkable meal! Improvise the recipe as per one’s taste – add onions, green peppers, mushrooms and other veggies of your choice.
It’s a basic pasta recipe, name comes from the kind of pasta I am using – CAVATAPPI. You can added penne pasta and it can be called Penne Pesto. This recipe is inspired from one of my favorite restaurants and if given an option my kids can eat their daily. Tweaked up the recipe in order to round up the flavors better. Very light and delicious recipe – a perfect dish for a summer picnic. Can be eaten cold or hot. Garnish is with fresh basil and finish off with freshly shredded Parmesan on top- adds a really nice touch to this recipe!!
One of my best friend’s daughter came to visit me in the evening and she is a die-hard fan of Pesto Cavatappi, not only she helped me prepare this dish she thoroughly enjoyed it !! There were no leftovers – My kids and my hubby took it to school/work for lunch the next day!
Enjoy other pasta recipes – Pasta Corner.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
- 1 packet Cavatappi Pasta
- 1/3-1/4 cup Homemade Basil pesto
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8-10 pieces of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed back pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- Instead of cavatappi any pasta can be used.
- Boil pasta as per packet instructions.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in halves.
- In a pan add olive oil.
- Add tomatoes ...
- And saute tomatoes on medium high heat till they are caramelized. Set them aside.
- Once pasta is boiled..
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon out the pasta into a pan..
- Add pesto sauce...
- Black pepper, salt...
- Mix till thoroughly blended. Adjust spices..
- Serve hot, topped with caramelized tomatoes and shredded cheese.