Crispy papad (papadums) topped with home made salsa will tickle your taste buds and you can’t resist eating just one. Traditionally, papads wedges are fried in this recipe but I prefer to toast them. Very simple and easy to make and can be enjoyed at any hour. Papad can be toasted in advance (except rainy season) but save the topping for the last time as papad may get soggy. Crispiness of papad when combined with tangy salsa makes it a great crowd pleaser. Believe me it’s a goner!!
Another way to enjoy this recipe is as KACHUMAR PAPAD SALAD – Coarsely crush all the papad in a bowl and when ready, add salsa and serve immediately. For now enjoy this Papad wedges recipe.
Are we friend's yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
- 3 Papad
- 1 teaspooon Oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium Tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 small green chilies chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- A pinch of chaat Masala
- Assemble all the ingredients. Cut papad in wedges. Oil your tava (griddle) and toast the papad on it.
- Mix chopped onion, tomatoes, green chilies (optional), lemon juice, salt and red chili powder in a bowl. Add cilantro and mix well.
- Place papad on a plate, top it with tomato- onion mixture and sprinkle chaat masala over it.
- Serve immediately as this appetizer will get soggy.