What can I say about this dish, the name says it all – Paneer Tikka Masala. Marinated Paneer cubes along with veggies are grilled till toasty and then sauteed in onion-tomato based cream sauce, yum!! Tweak up the recipe by giving a smoky taste to the grilled paneer (dhungar method). By following this method you can taste the smoky paneer in every bite. It’s so delicious and full of flavors that while cooking, it’s aroma will fill up your house and make your mouth watery.
Paneer is an all time favorite ingredient in my family and is always deliciously relished. Traditionally this dish is prepared in butter, but keeping the health of my family in mind I have added oil and half the quantity of cream and butter. No doubt, extra cream and butter altogether takes this dish to a whole new level and if allowed to simmer for longer time paneer soaks in all the rich, and creamy flavors.
Paneer can easily be substituted with tofu and same way cashew paste can be substituted with almond paste. I have kept the spice level on the mild side, but spices can be adjusted according to your preferences. Enjoy this easy and simple Paneer tikka masala recipe for dinner today which is very flavorful, tasty and reheats pretty well.
Are we friend's yet? Let's connect on -
Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Paneer Tikka Masala
- 350 Gms. Paneer (1 cup thick cubes of paneer)
- 1 small Onion, cubed
- 1 medium Green capsicum, cubed
- 1 cup Beaten Curd (yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Crushed ginger
- 1 teaspoon Kastoori methi/ dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tablespoon Homemade tandoori masala
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Butter/Ghee/oil (for basting or cooking )
- 2 small Onions, grinded to paste
- 2 small Tomatoes, grinded to paste
- 1 teaspoon Each of ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Cashew Paste
- 2 tablespoon Beaten Curd (yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon Butter/oil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1.5 teaspoon Coriander powder (sukha dhaniya)
- 1.5 tablespoon Homemade tandoori masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon Kasoori methi/ dried fenugreek leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Cream (optional)
- Let's begin with our marinade ingredients.
- Clean and cube paneer pieces.
- Wash and clean veggies. Cube them in pieces.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30- 40 minutes. Preheat oven at 350 degree F.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl whisk up curd and make it smooth with no lumps. Mix in crushed ginger-garlic paste...
- Add in kastoori methi, tandoori masala, nutmeg powder and salt. Whisk and mix till all the spices are well blended.
- Toss cubed paneer and veggies in the marinade and rub the marinade all over the paneer and coat it well. Marinate it for 2-3 hours.
- After the marination time, put paneer and veggies on skewers, alternating the veggies and paneer pieces.
- Put skewers on a wire rack and place a tray underneath the skewers.
- Place them in preheated oven and bake them for 20-30 minutes or...
- Until brown from both the sides, turning them occasionally.
- Once grilled, allow them to cool down completely.
- Remove them from skewers..
- If you prefer small pieces of paneer in the gravy then cut them into smaller pieces or else let them be.
- Assemble ingredients for the gravy.
- And the spices.
- Heat oil in a pan,add cumin seeds and as they start to sputter add in ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute. Add in onion paste...
- And cook till all the liquid has evaporated and masala is reduced in half (4 minutes). Mix in tomato puree..
- Mix and stir in all the spices, curd and cashew paste. Mix and saute for 5-6 minutes on medium flame.
- Add butter and cook for another 4-6 minutes. This part is OPTIONAL.
- When the oil/butter separates from the masala, pour in 1/4 cup of water. Add water accordingly, if you prefer thick gravy pour in less water.
- Bring it to a boil (2 minutes) and adjust seasonings.
- Add cream and mix until well blended.
- Add kastoori methi or chopped cilantro leaves and mix.
- Add grilled paneer pieces along with grilled onions and capsicum/bell pepper.
- Mix and take the kadhai off the flame. Cover and let the paneer pieces soak in all the flavors.
- When ready to serve sprinkle it with few drops of cream and...
- Serve hot with warm rotis.