Start your day off right with a healthy and nutritious breakfast and should never be missed. I had read somewhere that BREAKFAST means break the fast meaning ‘break your overnight fast’. It’s so true. After a goodnight sleep body is craving for something healthy in the morning, so why not nourish it with the best health options and fuel her up for the whole day ahead!! Today’s recipe is one my family’s favorite morning breakfast – Paneer Paratha.
Simple easy recipe and above of all its ready in 30 minutes. Play around with the ingredients and add or subtract as per your taste. Red capsicum can be substituted with green capsicum and regular onions can be replace with green onions. Like it spicy add chopped green chilies to the parathas. After kneading the dough, roll the dough out in a circle and stuff it with paneer filling, roll it like a paratha and cook until evenly brown.
Parathas are the most versatile breakfast and can be enjoyed at any time of the day. Whether be leftover dal paratha, pithi wala paratha or aloo paratha, they surely will fill you up. Having parathas for breakfast then pair it up with a cup of hot tea and achar/pickles… yum combination !! My Saturday morning ritual – my book, parathas and a cup of hot tea.
Try out other breakfast recipes here.
- 2 cups Wheat Flour (Atta)
- 3/4 - 1 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Oil to finish up the dough
- First let's begin with kneading the dough. Combine dough and water in a large bowl and knead a soft pliable dough. Cover and set it aside.
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- Grate or mash paneer into crumbs.
- Add chopped onions...
- Chopped Red capsicum/bell pepper...
- Add all the spices..
- Mix until blended. Adjust seasonings.
- Shape dough into small balls.
- Using a rolling pin roll it like a small circle..
- Place 1 tablespoon paneer mixture in the center...
- Fold one half...
- Bring the other half and seal it..
- Fold the other two ends and secure the loose ends.
- It will look like a square. Apply some dry flour and..
- Roll out the paratha.
- Heat and grease a griddle/tawa. Transfer the rolled out paratha onto the hot griddle.
- When cooked from one side flip it over and cook the other side.
- Apply 2 teaspoon oil to the cooked side...
- And flip. Cook until evenly brown from both the sides.
- Paneer paratha is ready.
- Serve hot with green chutney or Achar.
- A cup of hot tea will be a perfect combo to this yummy breakfast.
- Start your day off right with a healthy, nutritious breakfast !!