This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FlavorYourWorld #CollectiveBias Pan Cooked Honey Orange Chicken Meatballs
Are you looking for a delicious addition to your next party? Then these Pan Cooked Honey Orange Chicken Meatballs is your thing. These meatballs are smothered in a homemade honey orange firecracker sauce and pan-cooked to perfection! Tis the season for family get-togethers and holiday parties and it looks like everyone is brainstorming about all the delicious appetizers and food they are going to serve to their guests. Allow me to take that one load off your next gathering with these easy-to-make and delicious Pan cooked Honey Orange Chicken Meatballs.
These bite-sized meatballs have all the great flavors you need in an appetizer. They are soft, juicy and has just the right balance of sweet and spicy flavors. It’s THE ultimate finger-food that will make your guests come back for seconds!
Trust me, no can resist a meatball on a toothpick!
TODAY’S RECIPE IS MADE POSSIBLE BY –
TABASCO® and honey orange are the key ingredients of this firecracker sauce. My family loves TABASCO® because it’s –
- made with three simple ingredients – aged red peppers, salt, and distilled vinegar and
- has zero calories.
TABASCO® Sauce is the indispensable ingredient that goes well with any kind of cuisine. It a must-have condiment in my house. Best part, it comes in 3 great flavors – Red Sauce, Green Sauce, and Chipotle Pepper Sauce to suit all the taste buds.
But wait, there is more!
Did you know, this year is special! This year marks TABASCO® Brand’s 150th anniversary! That’s so cool, isn’t it? It inevitably calls for a celebration!
How to cook Pan Cooked Honey Orange Chicken Meatballs?
This meatball recipe is super easy to make and takes only 25 minutes from start to finish. It involves two steps-
- making meatballs and
- preparing the firecracker sauce.
Meatballs – These chicken meatballs are gluten-free as I have used cornstarch to bind them. If you are not a cornstarch lover, substitute cornstarch with oats flour, any gluten-free flour, or chickpea flour.
Seasonings – To bring out the flavor, these meatballs are seasoned with chopped onions, fresh cilantro, garlic salt, and black pepper. But feel free to add or subtract ingredients to your liking.
For tender meatballs – do not overwork the meat. Simply, mix the meat mixture with hands until combined.
Size – These meatballs aren’t big in size. Each meatball uses about 2.5 tablespoons of mixture to form a meatball, but feel free to shape them any size you want. Pan-cook or bake the meatballs until brown. Time to coat in the sauce.
Line these meatballs on a greased baking tray. Preheat the oven @350 degrees F and bake for 18-20 minutes or until brown. Do not overbake as the chicken will dry out resulting in hard, chewy and rubbery meatballs.
Honey Orange Firecracker Sauce is the game changer!
The sauce is what makes these meatballs so incredible!
It’s the fantastic combination of orange + honey + rice vinegar + orange zest and TABASCO® Sauce. Honey orange adds a touch of sweetness, and TABASCO® adds the perfect spice level and bold flavor to this dish without overpowering.
Altogether, a complete balance of heat and flavor. Toss the cooked/baked meatballs in this sauce and cook until the sauce reduces in volume and the meatballs are fully coated in it. Take it off the flame, garnish with chopped scallions and serve hot.
CAN I MAKE THESE Pan Cooked Honey Orange Chicken Meatballs AHEAD OF TIME?
Of course, you can! You can make these meatballs ahead of time before your guests arrive. Combine all the ingredients and shape into balls. Cook for 10-15 minutes until brown. Take it off the flame and let it sit covered in the pan. Just before serving, toss the meatballs in the sauce and serve hot.
CAN THESE MEATBALLS BE FROZEN?
Yes!! Having meatballs in the freezer makes life so much easier. Simply remove from the freeze, thaw, cook and toss in the sauce of your liking.
For this recipe – arrange the shaped meatballs on a plate and freeze. Once it becomes firm (after 2-3 hours), remove from the plate and transfer the meatballs to a Ziploc bag and freeze. These will stay good for up to a month. When ready to serve, thaw meatballs in the refrigerator overnight. Heat oil in a pan and cook as directed or bake. Toss in the sauce and enjoy!
You will love these meatballs because they are –
- easy to put together
- sweet yet spicy
- portable – easy to transport
- and can be easily doubled to feed a large gathering!
A tasty finger-food that will satisfy many hungry bellies. At parties, I often double the recipe because they disappear off the plate quickly.
WHERE TO FIND TABASCO® Sauce?
So, now that you have the recipe, its time to buy the sauce and where can you buy one?
Your local Walmart! It’s your only stop where you will find everything that you’ll need for this recipe. So, make a quick trip to Walmart and let’s get cooking!
This year, use TABASCO® Sauce as an ingredient to embolden the flavor of a traditional side dish or expand your spread with a new recipe. Refer to TABASCO.com for inspiration.
Then make sure that you have an assortment of TABASCO® Brand sauces right on the table for people who want to personalize their food.
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below 👇
Honey Orange Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
FOR THE MEATBALLS
- 2 LB Minced Chicken
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/3 cup Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Oil to cook the meatballs
HONEY ORANGE FIRECRACKER SAUCE
- 3 Tablespoons TABASCO® (adjust according to taste)
- 1/3 cup Store-bought barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Soy sauce (light)
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoon Fresh orange zest
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Combine all the ingredients listed under 'honey orange firecracker sauce' in a glass bowl and add TABASCO® sauce to it.
- Whisk until blended. Set it aside.
- Assemble ingredients for chicken.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix using your hand.
- Soon the mixture will come together like a dough. At this point, if you prefer, do a small taste test. Cook a small piece of the mixture and taste. Correct the seasoning level, if needed.
- Roll the mixture into 2-inch meatballs (appx. 2.5 tablespoons of mixture per meatball). This mixture yields about 26 meatballs.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan. Evenly space the meatballs on the pan. Cook on a medium-hot flame for 3 minutes. Turn over and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Do not overcook the meatballs as they will become dry and chewy.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs.
- Toss the meatballs in this sauce and cook until the sauce reduces in volume and the meatballs are fully coated in it.
- Take it off the flame, garnish with chopped scallions.
- Serve hot.