Missi puri is puffed up deep fried golden Indian bread. Puris or Pooris are unleavened Indian bread usually prepared with wheat flour. Puri is enjoyed by every age group and especially among kids it’s a must – have – everyday – meal.
Missi puri is a traveler’s delight – till date whenever I am travelling I take along missi puri with me. Firstly, it’s flavored with spices so one can just roll it up and eat as is and secondly it’s so soft and delicious that it can stay fresh for longer hours.
Follow this link and learn how to roll a perfect puri . Step by step procedure will help you prepare perfect disc shaped puris in minutes. Missi puri – A perfect Sunday brunch, and can be accompanied with Alu, chole, Pethe ki sabzi and many more.
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below 👇
- 2 cups Wheat Flour (Atta)
- 2 tablespoon Besan (Chickpea flour/ Gram flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ajwain/ Carrom seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder (sukha dhaniya)
- 1-3/4 cup Water (Approximately)
- 2 tablespoon Oil - kneaded with dough
- 1 teaspoon Oil – just to coat the dough
- Oil for Frying
- Let’s start off with kneading the dough. Mix in all the spices, 2 tablespoon oil and slowly add water to form a firm dough.
- Finally apply 1 -1/2 teaspoon oil and finish the dough. As illustrated in the picture below roll out the dough, divide, cut out evenly and start forming the dough balls. If you have a puri maker than apply some oil on the base of puri maker and place the dough ball in the center, press the upper part down and press down the lever hard. There you have it a perfect round shaped puri.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan. Once the oil reaches its smoking point, carefully drop in the puris. By slowly pressing down on the puri try to work it around the kadai and this way it will puff up. Once brown from one side slowly turn it around and brown it up on the other side. Take it out of the oil and allow it to sit on a paper towel till excess oil drains out.
- Enjoy Missi puris with chutneys, raitas or Alu vegetable.