How many of you are in the same boat like me when you have leftover dal sitting in the refrigerator and no one is ready to finish that up? Well I face this situation every now and then and this is the most common and easy breakfast that I prepare for my family with leftover dal – Leftover Dal Paratha. Believe me it’s the most simplest and tastiest breakfast in the morning. A very basic recipe that rich in protein and healthy too.
My family loves it and enjoys it with achar or homemade curd and in the end it’s a win-win situation for everyone 🙂 . Paratha is a common term used for Indian flat-bread prepared with wheat flour and dal ka paratha means Indian flat-bread prepared with leftover lentils. My kids love these paratha, they will finish these up without any fuss. You can even prepare pooris with the same dough. For poori recipe follow this link.
Since my leftover dal already had onion tadka in it so I have skipped adding onions to my dough but feel free to throw in some onions or veggies and improvise the recipe as per one’s liking. Leftover dal was already seasoned but after being mixed with dough it needs extra spices to boost up the flavor. Prefer it a bit tangy add lemon juice to the dough or like it spicy add green chilies or extra red chili powder to the dough.
A perfect lunch box recipe – even kids love these in their lunch boxes. My kids call it – BREAKFAST-ON-THE-GO 🙂 . Now moving on to the recipe….
PLEASE EXCUSE MY PHOTOGRAPHY, IT’S HEAVILY POURING TODAY AND I AM TRYING TO FIND A SPOT WHERE I CAN SHOOT BRIGHT PICTURES. 🙁 I MANAGED TO CLICK THESE…
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Leftover Dal Paratha
- 1 cup Leftover Dal
- 2 cup Wheat Flour (Atta)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Haldi (Turmeric powder)
- 1 small Chopped green Chillies (optional)
- 1/2 cup Curd (thick Market curd/yogurt)
- 2 tablespoon Besan (Chickpea flour/ Gram flour)
- 1 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves or Kastoori methi
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Oil to finish up the dough
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- Wheat flour..
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients...
- And form a soft pliable dough...
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll it in small ball...
- Roll it in dry wheat flour, and place it on the counter..
- With the tip of your fingertips flatten out the dough ball...
- Using a rolling pin, roll the ball..
- In a small circle like roti. Heat a griddle, lift rolled out roti and transfer it to the hot griddle...
- Cook from one side...
- When cooked flip it over and cook the other side..
- Pour 1 teaspoon oil and...
- Spread it around..
- Flip and cook the oil side...
- Repeat the process and cook the other side by applying few drops of oil...
- When evenly cooked from both the side....
- Remove and...
- Serve hot with achar and a cup of hot tea..