This light, soul-refreshing Instant Pot Roasted Red Bell Pepper And Lentil Soup is a hearty flavor-packed soup perfect for cold evenings! This velvety and creamy soup is vegan, gluten-free and easy to cook.
Fall weather demands comfort food and what could be better than a bowl of heart-warming soup? Depending on where you live, it may not be the time for soup recipes yet. But here, the temps are dropping and there is a chill in the air.
And on a chilly evening, take comfort in this bowl of hearty, comforting soup that will warm you inside out.
The colors in this soup blend together to create a fall like illusion within the bowl. Additionally, the flavors in this soup accent the fact that fall is upon us and it is now time to start bundling up for a cold winter up ahead. Brrr… I am so not ready for the winter.
What makes up this Instant Pot Roasted Red Bell Pepper and Lentil Soup?
This soups bright color is balanced by the bold flavor and nutrition of freshly roasted peppers, red lentils, and tomatoes.
Red Bell pepper – is a great source of Vitamins and beta-carotene. Roasted peppers add a depth of flavor, color, and texture to this soup. Roasting intensifies their natural sweetness and adds a smoky touch.
Red Lentils – are protein-rich and high in fiber. The earthy and nutty flavor of lentils complements the sweet taste of peppers.
Tomatoes – are a great source of the antioxidant lycopene and when paired with beta-carotene rich red bell peppers – they are like a nutritional a match made in heaven. Healthy + hearty = deliciousness. The acidity of tomatoes is also epitomized with the sweetness of red bell peppers.
Collectively, because of its nutritional content, this soup makes a frequent rotation on our dinner table.
How to make Instant Pot Roasted Red Bell Pepper And Lentil Soup?
Start the recipe by roasting the deseeded red bell peppers either in the oven or on a gas flame. Cook or broil until they are slightly charred and wrinkly. Chop and set aside.
Meanwhile, warm the Instant Pot. Cook onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil until translucent. Add roasted bell peppers, chopped tomatoes, red lentils, and spices to the Instant Pot. Pour in vegetable stock, mix and seal the Instant Pot with its lid. Pressure cook/Manual cook for 8 minutes.
When the time is done, Instant Pot will beep. Allow the pressure to dissipate naturally on its own (NPR). When the pin drops, carefully open the Instant Pot and blend the cooked soup with a blender.
Do the taste test and adjust the spices accordingly. All the flavors go perfectly together. Simple. Delicious. Yum!
No cream or flour added!
This soup is exceptionally creamy and luscious without the addition of any flour or cream. Yes, there is no cream or flour in the soup.
So, what makes it so creamy? When puréed, this soup gets its velvety texture from the red lentils.
Is this Soup Freezer friendly?
Yes, please! This soup keeps well in the refrigerator for 1-2 days and is freezer-friendly. It stores well in the freezer for up to three months. It stores well up to 6 months.
When ready to eat, thaw in the fridge overnight, warm it up and enjoy!!
I encourage you to give this recipe a try and share your feedback! If you have questions related to this recipe, send me an email and I would be happy to answer them. We’d love to hear from you. 🙂
Craving for more, try these other options!
- Instant Pot Creamy Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash And Quinoa Soup
- Instant Pot Broccoli and Lentil Soup
- Instant Pot Spinach Dal
Are we friend’s yet? For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on –
For recipe ideas, do follow @ruchiskitchen on –
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below 👇
Instant Pot Roasted Red Bell Pepper And Lentil Soup
FOR THE SOUP
- Wash Red split lentils under tap water until it runs clear. Drain and set it aside.
- Preheat oven at @500 degrees F. Wash and pat dry the red bell peppers. Trim the top off and de-seed the peppers. On a baking tray arrange peppers in a single layer and rub the peppers with oil.
- Roast the red peppers for 15-20 minutes or until the skins turn dark and wrinkly. There’s no need to rotate the peppers. Remove from oven and allow it to cool. Chop the peppers in cubes and set it aside.
- Heat the Instant Pot in ‘SAUTE MODE’. Add olive oil. When it gets hot, add onions, and garlic.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add roasted red bell peppers, washed and drained red lentils, and chopped tomatoes.
- Add all the spices – bay leaves, crushed red chili flakes, dried parsley leaves, cumin powder, sriracha sauce, and salt. Give it a good stir. Feel free to adjust the spice level. This soup is moderately spicy but not overly.
- Pour in vegetable stock/water. Give it a good mix and turn the Instant Pot off.
- Close the lid with the valve/whistle in sealing position. Change the Instant Pot setting to ‘MANUAL OR PRESSURE COOK MODE’ and allow it to cook for 8 minutes on high pressure. When the time is done, Instant Pot will beep. Allow the pressure to dissipate naturally on its own (NPR).
- When the pin drops, carefully open the Instant Pot and blend the cooked soup with a blender.
- Do the taste test and adjust the spices accordingly. The color of the soup depends on how rich your tomatoes are. I have used plump red tomato for this soup and it turned out deliciously red.
- Serve hot topped with pumpkin seeds and fresh cilantro. This soup keeps well in the refrigerator for 1-2 days and is freezer-friendly. It stores well in the freezer up to three months.
- you can work with store-bought roasted red peppers too.
- Feel free to add veggies like asparagus, carrots, broccoli for extra nutrition and flavor.
- For extra creaminess, add coconut milk to the blended soup.