Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and with our busy schedules we often tend to skip that. After an overnight fast, we need to break-the-fast and refuel our body with a healthy and nutritious breakfast. For my family, sandwiches are a healthy breakfast-on-the-go option.
Making a healthy sandwich at home is easy. Whether be a cucumber tomato sandwich, spicy paneer sandwich or bean sandwich – they are all healthy, great-tasting and a perfect breakfast to start our day off right.
RECIPE DETAIL – Soya granules sandwich prepared with modest ingredients and can be eaten on the go. Begin by preparing soya – dip soya granules in boiling water for a minute and drain immediately. Chop/shred ingredients of your choice and saute until tender. Add spices and chili sauce.
SUBSTITUTES/ VARIATIONS –
- Don’t like soya, no worries.. soya granules can be substituted with crumbled paneer.
- Lettuce leaves can be substituted for fresh baby spinach leaves or any other greens of your choice.
- I have used whole wheat artisan bread for this sandwich recipe but any wheat bread would work just fine.
- Feel free to add tomato ketchup or soy sauce. Since it’s a morning breakfast, I like to keep it simple and quick.
Layer sandwich bread with lettuce leaves and soya mix. You can add a cheese slice to this sandwich as well. Grill until crisp and crunchy. Serve hot with tomato ketchup and fresh strawberry smoothie.
Are we friend's yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below 👇
Healthy Soya Sandwich
- 6-8 slices of Wheat Bread or vegan bread
- 1 cup Soya granules
- 1/4 cup Shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped Red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped onions
- 2-3 tablespoon Chopped Green Onions
- 2 tablespoon Chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoon Oil
- 4-5 big Lettuce leaves
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- Boil water in a pan. Add soya granules for a minute and..
- Drain. Set them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add veggies and saute until soft and tender.
- Add spices and soaked soya granules.
- Add chili sauce and..
- Mix well and adjust seasonings.
- Layer sandwich bread with soya mix and lettuce leaves, cover with the other one and..
- Heat and grease a griddle. Place sandwich over it.
- Cook from both the sides until...
- Crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup and orange juice.