Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and with our busy schedules we often tend to skip that. After an overnight fast, we need to break-the-fast and refuel our body with a healthy and nutritious breakfast. For my family, sandwiches are a healthy breakfast-on-the-go option.
Making a healthy sandwich at home is easy. Whether be a cucumber tomato sandwich, spicy paneer sandwich or bean sandwich – they are all healthy, great-tasting and a perfect breakfast to start our day off right.
RECIPE DETAIL – Soya granules sandwich prepared with modest ingredients and can be eaten on the go. Begin by preparing soya – dip soya granules in boiling water for a minute and drain immediately. Chop/shred ingredients of your choice and saute until tender. Add spices and chili sauce.
SUBSTITUTES/ VARIATIONS –
- Don’t like soya, no worries.. soya granules can be substituted with crumbled paneer.
- Lettuce leaves can be substituted for fresh baby spinach leaves or any other greens of your choice.
- I have used whole wheat artisan bread for this sandwich recipe but any wheat bread would work just fine.
- Feel free to add tomato ketchup or soy sauce. Since it’s a morning breakfast, I like to keep it simple and quick.
Layer sandwich bread with lettuce leaves and soya mix. You can add a cheese slice to this sandwich as well. Grill until crisp and crunchy. Serve hot with tomato ketchup and fresh strawberry smoothie.
Healthy Soya Sandwich
- 6-8 slices of Wheat Bread or vegan bread
- 1 cup Soya granules
- 1/4 cup Shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped Red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped onions
- 2-3 tablespoon Chopped Green Onions
- 2 tablespoon Chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoon Oil
- 4-5 big Lettuce leaves
- Assemble: all the ingredients.
- Boil water in a pan. Add soya granules for a minute and..
- Drain. Set them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add veggies and saute until soft and tender.
- Add spices and soaked soya granules.
- Add chili sauce and..
- Mix well and adjust seasonings.
- Layer sandwich bread with soya mix and lettuce leaves, cover with the other one and..
- Heat and grease a griddle. Place sandwich over it.
- Cook from both the sides until...
- Crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup and orange juice.