Treat yourself tonight to a delicious, hearty and Healthy Quinoa and Bean Salad. A gluten-free, vegan salad that is packed with tons of flavor, fresh, colorful veggies, protein, and fiber.
I have to admit that I love Quinoa. Come over to my house, and there is a good chance that you will find a quinoa dish on the dinner menu. Be it a salad or soup, I can eat quinoa in any form.
And today’s recipe Healthy Quinoa and Bean Salad is one of my favorites. It’s so simple and has the perfect texture and flavors. I am seriously obsessed with this salad.
THE INSPIRATION FOR THIS SALAD IS – THE HEALTH QUOTIENT OF QUINOA!
Quinoa is rich in fiber, iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
The health benefits of quinoa alone are the reason why this salad makes it to my list of nutrition-rich meals. Quinoa is considered as a superfood and extremely healthy and good for you.
Quinoa is the perfect food for anyone. Pair it with literally anything (veggies or protein), and it delivers a variety of gorgeous textures and flavors. It’s a complete health food.
How to make Healthy Quinoa and Bean Salad?
This salad is a perfect blend of boiled quinoa, along with black beans, corn, and healthy vegetables. Making healthy quinoa and bean salad is a breeze. Anyone could do it, and it requires little to almost no cooking.
And the dressing is ah-mzing! Will talk about that later. For now, let’s concentrate on the salad first.
The base for this salad is quinoa. Start by rinsing the quinoa. Quinoa has a natural coating of saponin, so rinse it quickly before making the salad. Boil quinoa as per package instructions; the rest afterward is a simple mix of your taste.
For crunch and color, I have added bell pepper, cucumber, and onions. Corn kernels add the perfect sweetness, and the earthy flavor comes from the black beans.
Combine everything in a bowl and time to add the dressing.
About the Dressing!
This Chili-lime-yogurt dressing is light, fresh, lemony, and not to mention highly addictive!
It has everything that you will love in a dressing. There’s a chili-garlic sauce, lime juice, vegan yogurt, herbs, and olive oil. Combine all the ingredients thoroughly in a bowl, and mix.
In minutes, you will have a delicious dressing ready for you and your family. This homemade dressing adds a burst of flavor and a refreshing lemony kick to the salad!
Overall a nutritional healthy salad that is bursting with flavor and addicting!!
Besides the texture and flavor, this salad is –
- Gluten free
- and makes a great lunch box meal. Also, a great salad for a game night or potluck or backyard picnic.
This tasty salad will surely impress everyone on the table!
Do give it a try and if you happen to make this salad, please comment below and leave your feedback. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Healthy Quinoa and bean salad
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 cup Black Beans
- 1 cup Whole corn kernels
- 1 cup Red bell pepper, cubed
- 1/4 cup Cucumbers, cubed
- 3 tablespoon Chopped Red onions
- 1 medium Avocado, cubed
FOE THE DRESSING - CHILI LIME YOGURT DRESSING
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 tablespoon Vegan Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Chili Garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon Coarsely crushed black peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- Combine water and quinoa in a pan.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Cover and let it simmer on low heat for 12- 15 minutes.
- Cooked quinoa. Fluff it with a fork.
- Set it aside.
- Meanwhile, wash and chop veggies. Drain and wash black beans and corn. Transfer all the 'salad' ingredients to a bowl along with boiled quinoa. Set it aside.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients (except oil) in a bowl.
- Slowly add oil and whisk until well blended. Adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad.
- Toss until well blended. Season to taste.
- Serve hot or cold.
- This spicy salad is bursting with flavor and homemade dressing adds a refreshing lemony kick to it!
- Black beans can be swapped with the beans of your choice - kidney beans, garbanzo beans or navy beans.
- Veggies can be mixed with any colorful/seasonal ones to create a zesty combination of tastes.
- Feel free to choose an alternative dressing
- For a protein-rich salad, toss in the protein of your choice for extra flavor.