Sandwiches make a great lunch, and this freshly made Grilled Chicken Panini sandwich is probably the best. It is loaded with grilled chicken, sundried tomatoes, mozzarella, onions & arugula & cooked to perfection.The sandwich is one of the world’s most ready meals. Its openness allows the eater to customize and create the sandwich to their liking. Grilled Chicken Pesto Panini
For example, your kids may love simple peanut butter but you, on the other hand, would like to eat a big chicken sandwich. In the end, they both turn out to be sandwiches, but their tastes and looks are two worlds apart.
HANDS DOWN – SANDWICHES ARE THE BEST!
Personally, in my house sandwiches are quite regularly eaten. My kids devour through any sandwich that is made for them, and they always line up asking for more to be made. So, today I will be sharing the perfect sandwich recipe for anyone who loves two things: pesto and chicken!
GUESS THE KEY INGREDIENT?
Today’s recipe is made possible by Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse® Hearty White Bread. This new and soft textured bread has everything you love in a loaf. It
- has no colors or flavors from artificial sources
- Contains no high fructose corn syrup
- And has fresh from the oven taste
It’s thick-slices when layered with protein and veggies creates a hearty, delicious sandwich. Grilled Chicken Pesto Panini
How to make this Grilled Chicken Pesto Panini?
This quick and simple sandwich/panini is prepared using ingredients that you always have on hand. We start by marinating the chicken first.
Chicken pieces are rubbed with a delicious seasoning made merely out of common spices, such as crushed cilantro, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon juice, black pepper, oregano, paprika, etc. I heaved ample amounts of this coating onto the chicken breast thickly covering it with a layer of this.
Allow the chicken to marinate for 20 minutes. After, its resting time it’s grilled to perfection. Meanwhile, assemble rest of the ingredients. The other main ingredient present in the sandwich is Pesto.
Pesto, in my opinion, is one of the most delicious ingredients to be used in the making of a sandwich. It’s coarse texture perfectly blends with the smooth and soft feeling of the Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse® Hearty White Bread.
Combining pesto + grilled chicken along with some other delectable ingredients can create the ultimate sandwich that will appease anyone. Apply a thick layer of pesto to both the Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse® Hearty White Bread pieces. Layer the bottom slice with cheese of your choice.
For me, I have used mozzarella cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and arugula to create the perfect mixture of tastes within the sandwich. Feel free to customize your sandwich in any way you like.
All in all, I believe this sandwich/panini will delight anyone who eats it. Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse® Hearty White Bread soft texture and delicious taste will seduce anyone into devouring the sandwich down quickly. I can’t keep raving about this here, so you will have to try it for yourself.
I encourage you to give this recipe a try and share your feedback! If you have questions related to this recipe, send me an email, and I would be happy to answer them. We’d love to hear from you. ?
Craving for more, try these other options!
- Avocado Toast with Roasted Chickpeas
- Summer Veggie sandwich with Pesto
- BBQ Tofu Sandwich
- Sundried Tomatoes Chickpea Sliders
Thanks for reading.?
Grilled Chicken Pesto Panini
- 3 pieces of Chicken Breasts
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon Paprika (adjust accordingly)
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1.5 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons Oil - to grill Chicken
INGREDIENTS FOR SANDWICHES
- 6 Slices of Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse® Hearty White Bread
- 1 cup Fresh Pesto
- 10 slices of Sun dried tomatoes
- 6 slices of Mozzarella cheese
- 1 small Onion cut into rounds
- 1 cup Arugula Leaves or Lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup Sriracha mayo
- Assemble spices for chicken.
- Wash the chicken well. Pat it dry. Transfer it to a plastic bag and toss in all the dry spices. Rub the spices all over the chicken until it is well coated. Let it marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat and grease a griddle. Add marinated chicken pieces and cook on medium-low flame until its done, keep flipping occasionally.
- Chicken is cooked well. To check for doneness, insert a fork in the chicken - it should go through with ease.
- Assemble ingredients listed under 'Sandwiches'.
- Spread pesto on one slice of Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse® Hearty White Bread and the top other bread with sriracha mayo.
- Top the slice with cheese slices.
- Add Sundried tomatoes + onion rings.
- Generously add a layer of arugula leaves.
- Add a final layer of cheese slice and finish the sandwich off with the top slice bread. You can enjoy the sanwich as is.
- Or briefly toast the sandwich in a panini maker until it starts to brown. Serve warm.