This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DairyFreeGoodness #CollectiveBias
These wholesome and delicious Granola Fruit Yogurt-Alternative Cup are made with 7 simple ingredients and is the perfect back-to-school recipe. Plus, they are gluten-free and vegan!!
Did I say back-to-school? Seriously?Granola Fruit Yogurt-Alternative Cup
Where did the summer go? It’s really hard to believe that it’s already time for school and packed lunches. Like other parents, I too have mixed emotions about this time of the year. One part of me is sad, as I will miss my kids tremendously and the other part is happy to get back into September routine and have more time on hand.
September routine means time to start planning for morning breakfast and packed lunches. Planning kid’s meal could be a daunting task for parents. But I am excited to share that I found an amazing dairy-free alternative at Walmart which has made my morning breakfast a breeze.
Want to know about this product? Granola Fruit Yogurt-Alternative Cup
It’s Silk® Peach & Mango Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative and Silk® Strawberry Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative.
New Silk® Peach & Mango Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative can be easily incorporated into back-to-school recipes. What I love about this product is that it has –
- No artificial colors
- Is vegan and gluten-free
- Has no high-fructose corn syrup and no saturated fat
- Has 6 grams of plant-powered protein and
- Is an excellent source of Calcium and Vitamin D.
Now, who can say no to that? A smooth and creamy non-dairy fruity treat made with the goodness of soy. Mmmmmm! Dairy-free never tasted so good!®
How is this a back-to-school recipe?
Back-to-school breakfast time is crazzzzy. No matter how great a planner or an organized mom you are, there is something that will come up at the last minute and will throw your entire planning off-balance. This is where my Granola Fruit Yogurt-Alternative Cup recipe comes to rescue.
It’s a perfect make-ahead recipe. I prepare these gluten-free and vegan bowls 2-3 days in advance. On a back-to-school morning, my kids pick their favorite Silk® Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative and fill their cups up. Top with their favorite fruits and devour their cups down.
This way they get a power-packed wholesome breakfast loaded with Calcium and Vitamin D.
Now onto the recipe!
These power-packed yogurt-alternative cups are prepared with old-fashioned rolled oats, dried apricots, nuts and coconut oil. Feel free to experiment and add other dried fruits like –
- Dried figs
- Dried mangoes
- Dried strawberries
- Dried Mangoes. The possibilities are endless!!
For picky eaters, I chose to crush my ingredients until coarsely powdered but if you prefer them whole, then crush the nuts, dried fruit, and combine with rest of the ingredients.
Press the mix into a muffin tray and bake for 15-17 minutes. Remove from oven and allow it to cool. Carefully remove each cup from the mold. If not using it right away, layer a wax paper in between each cup and store in an airtight container. Good for a week.
When ready to eat, fill these yummy cups with the desired filling and enjoy!!
If you are headed to your nearby Walmart store then don’t forget to check out this Silk® Peach & Mango Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative in their dairy section.
Silk® Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative is now available in new exciting flavors – Silk® Strawberry Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative, Silk® Vanilla Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative, Silk® Blueberry Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative and Silk® Peach & Mango Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative. Do give it a try and share with me your favorite Silk flavor.
For more recipe ideas, visit their social page.
Are we friend’s yet? For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on –
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on –
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below 👇
Granola Fruit Yogurt-Alternative Cup
FOR THE CUPS
- 1.25 cups Old fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar or Regular sugar
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon Powder
- 1/4 cup Mixed nuts ( Almonds + Walnuts)
- 1/4 cup Dried Coconut Flakes
- 1 cup Dried Apricots
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil (melted)
- 2 cups Silk® Peach & Mango Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative
- 2-3 tablespoon Fresh Fruits (for each cup)
- Assemble all the ingredients. Preheat oven @325 degree F.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients listed under ‘For the cups” leaving out apricot and coconut oil. Pulse until it’s resembles a coarse powder. Please use old fashioned rolled oats for this recipe as they can hold the cups texture better.
- Add apricot.
- Pour in coconut oil.
- Pulse again until all the ingredients are well blended. For picky eaters, I chose to crush my ingredients until coarsely powdered but if you prefer them whole,then crush the nuts, dried fruit and combine with rest of the ingredients.
- Take a handful of mixture in your hands and press. If it binds well then move on to the next step. If it doesn’t bind, add a teaspoon of extra coconut oil and pulse again.
- Grease a muffin tray and press this mix into each mold. You can use silicone cups too, to bake yogurt-alternative cups.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool. With the help of a knife, pop each cup out of the mold.
- Be very gentle as they may break if pressure is applied. These are perfect make ahead cups. Line these empty cups with wax paper and store in airtight container for 3-4 days.
- When ready to assemble, choose the yogurt-alternative of your choice and fill them up.
- For me it was Silk® Peach & Mango Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative.
- When ready to eat, fill these yummy cups with desired filling, top with your favorite fruit and enjoy!
- If not using it right away, layer a wax paper in between each cup and store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy a wholesome and power-packed breakfast….
- On a back-to-school morning!