Very deliciously made garlicky mashed potatoes- a perfect side dish. This dish starts off with boiled potatoes perfectly mashed and then smeared in garlic and richened with cream to give it that buttery flavor. Butter and cream add that velvety texture to these garlic mashed potatoes.
You can even give this recipe a extra boost by adding shredded cheese to it. In this recipe I made potatoes with their skin on as potato skin is the most nutritious part of a potato,it contains Vitamin C, B, Iron, fiber and much more so why discard it. Just wash the potato thoroughly in water and cut in half, season it and boil it. For a much healthier version substitute butter for olive oil and cream for milk, vegetable stock or chicken stock.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 3 medium Potatoes
- 2 tablespoon Chopped Green Onions
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Read chili flakes
- 1.5 teaspoon Dried Basil leaves
- Salt to taste
- Let's prep up all our ingredients. For the potatoes- Wash them, cut them in half or quarters, place them in a pan or pressure cooker, cover them with water,season them with salt and boil them.
- Using a masher mash the potatoes to a point where they are perfectly smooth and lump free.
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add mashed potatoes and mix.
- Toss in spices and add cream to the potatoes.
- Gently fold in everything and adjust salt according to taste.
- Finally stir in green onions...
- Add it to you pasta or chicken dish and this is a complete meal.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.