Need an impressive dessert for a picnic or potluck party? Well, you have landed at the right place. This easy and no cook dessert is surely a crowd pleaser! Light and fluffy homemade whipped cream with just the right amount of sweetness, is loaded with richness of summer fruit and requires just 10 minutes to prepare! Oh..what a great way to use up all that fresh summer fruit.
You can use store bought whipped cream (you will find in the frozen section) instead of homemade to save some time. Instead of fresh fruits you can choose to toss in a can of fruit cocktail, mix, chill and your dessert is ready. Since the theme for my party was INDEPENDENCE DAY – I chose pineapples, mangoes, cherries, cantaloupe and green grapes.
Mangoes, pineapple and cherries were added and covered with cream and to give it an Indian flag look I finished it off with finely chopped cantaloupe, sliced green grapes and few pieces of raisins. A perfect summer dessert that matches my party theme and was quick to prepare. This dessert can be eaten while you are fasting – use fresh fruits instead of canned, mix it in homemade whipped cream and there you have a chilled fruit cream bowl.
So why wait try your hands on a delightful, not-too-sweet, creamy homemade fruit cream recipe, today!!
Fruit Cream Recipe
MAKING HOMEMADE COOL WHIP
- 1 cup Heavy cream or whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- Few drops of Vanilla essence (optional)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup Sliced grapes
- 2 tablespoon Chopped Pineapple pieces, canned or fresh
- 2 tablespoon Chopped Mango pieces
- 5-6 pieces of Canned cheeries, sliced
- 1- 2 tablespoon Honey
MAKING HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM
- Let's begin by preparing our very own homemade whipping cream. Assemble ingredients.
- Before you start chill blade and bowl in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Pour heavy cream or whipping cream to the chilled bowl..
- Mix in sugar...
- Turn the mixer or hand blender to a medium speed and start whipping the cream. Within 2- 3 minutes, the cream will start to get frothy and thicken up, keep mixing. All I need is a soft peak, so I whipped it for another 2-3 minutes and the whipped cream increased in volume and was very airy and thick.
- To check if the whipped cream has the right consistency - remove the whisk/blender from the mixer/base. Turn it upside down and if the whipped cream maintains its soft peak firmly without falling off the blade - it's ready to use and is perfect.
- Whipped cream is all ready.
- Place it in the refrigerator to chill.
- Put a dollop of whipped cream on fresh fruits and serve chilled.
- Chop fruits. If using canned fruits, drain their liquid.
- Add whipped cream to a bowl.
- You can even use a can of mixed fruit cocktail and skip fresh fruits.
- Mix in all the chopped fruits and add canned fruit syrup. Since I was doing the Independence day theme, I mixed all the other fruits in the cream and saved cantaloupe and grapes to give it an Indian flag look.
- Fruit cream is ready. Keep it in the refrigerator and serve it chilled.