This Fresh Strawberry Mint Lemonade is a citrus-y drink prepared with fresh strawberries, lemon juice, fresh mint leaves and sweetened with honey. Perfect for a warm sunny day.
Temperatures are rising and soon the schools will be out of session. That means loads of outdoor fun – swimming, biking, tennis and picnics. My kids love to play outside in summer (all day long) as if they are trying to catch up on all the fun they had missed during the school year. To keep them cool and hydrated, citrus-flavored fresh strawberry mint lemonade is THE perfect drink.
Not only it’s a thirst quencher, it also cools you down like nothing else. Besides that it’s high in fiber and loaded with Vitamin A & C. Now that’s some healthy drink and who can say no to that. ??
This delicious drink doesn’t require a kitchen full of ingredients. All you need is five simple ingredients and 12 minutes of your time to create this refreshing and awe-mazing drink. Comes together in a jiffy and is definitely worth the effort!
Now on to the recipe!
Take lukewarm water and dissolve honey in it. Make sure the water is nicely warm (not boiling) as it will kill the beneficial qualities of honey. Set it aside. Wash and trim strawberries. Toss them into a blender along with mint leaves and 1/2 cup water. Blend until smooth.
I prefer to pour my strawberry mix through a strainer so that the seeds are separated. But feel free to leave the strawberry puree as is and mix in rest of the ingredients.
Stir together strawberry puree along with freshly squeezed lemon juice, water mixed honey and enough water to make a lemonade. Perform the taste test and add more honey if you please.
Feel free to experiment with different combinations and fruits. If you don’t have strawberry,use fresh raspberry or peaches. Substitute water with soda water or sparkling water to create a refreshing mocktail.
Such an easy drink that can be customized to your liking and taste. You can either make just one drink for yourself, or make a huge pitcher for your guests. A perfect party pleaser too!!
Do give this recipe a try as there is nothing like a a tall glass of ice cold fresh homemade lemonade on a hot sunny day. If you happen to make this drink, then either drop me a line below or share your yum pictures with me on Facebook. Would love to see your creation!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER ON YOUR BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
Fresh Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- 2 pounds Fresh Strawberries
- 3/4 cup Fresh Lemon juice
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Fresh Mint leaves
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Honey (adjust according to taste)
- 5 cups Water or Soda Water or Sparkling water
- Take lukewarm water and dissolve honey in it. Make sure the water is nicely warm (not boiling) as it will kill the beneficial qualities of honey. Set it aside. Wash and trim strawberries.
- Wash mint leaves...
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Add strawberries and mint along with 1/2 cup water to the blender. Blend until thick and smooth. I prefer to pour my strawberry mix through a strainer so that the seeds are separated.
- Stir in lemon juice, mint leaves and pour in water or soda water and stir. Adjust honey to taste.
- I prefer to make a big batch of thick syrup and keep it stored in my refrigerator. When needed, add 2 tablespoon of thick strawberry syrup to a glass, pour cold water and enjoy over ice. So simple and refreshing!!
- Enjoy over ice!!